- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my FIRST fanfic. i wrote the story once before and then it didn't work so yeah, i was PISSEDDD off.

Please be kind with the feedback. Constructive Critism is welcome [:

Disclaimer - I don't own Jim && Pam, or any of the office characters! NBC DOES! word.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This is pretty longg [: I apoligizee!

"Then it's a date."

Am I dreaming? Is this another one of those dreams of Jim that I have frequently been having? Is he playing a prank on me?

Pam walked out of the confrence room and sat down at her desk. She has fantisized this day since Jim returned from Stamford. It was finally happening, and no, she was NOT dreaming. She looked over at Jim, who was sitting at his old desk, and he winked at her. Pam knew she was turning red.

She returned to her game of Solitare and then an email popped up on her screen. It was from Jim. She clicked on it right away.

To: PamBeesly@DunderMifflin.com
From: JimHalpert@DunderMifflin.com
Subject: Tonight [;

Message: My friend, Trevor, is having a BBQ at his backyard. I think it will be a good place for our first date [;

Pam read the message over and over. Their first date. Actully, this wasn't their first date. They had one on her first day at Dunder Mifflin. They also had one on the roof of their office buldining, watching fireworks, eating Jim's famous grilled cheese, and listining to his ipod. But then she was with Roy.

She clicked reply to Jim's email.

To: JimHalpert@DunderMifflin.com
From: PamBeesly@DunderMifflin.com
Subject: Re: Tonight [;

Message: That sounds great! I'm looking forward to it! But I warned you, I am very messy when BBQ sauce is included in the picture :-)

She looked at Jim a few minutes later, and he was laughing at her email. She smilied too.

She saw his reply pop up on her screen. 

To: PamBeesly@DunderMifflin.com
From: JimHalpert@DunderMifflin.com
Subject: Re:Re: Tonight [;

Message: I am too, so don't worry [: I will be at your apartment to pick you up around 7. And be sure to bring those famous Beesly dance moves with you, because I'm sure that there will be dancing at the BBQ.

Pam looked at Jim and nodded with a smile present on her lips. She doesn't remember the last time she smiled this much.

As soon as work ended, Pam grabbed her coat and ran home in record breaking time. She decided not to dress up too nice, so she wore the red shirt she bought online not to long ago, dark jeans, flats, and long silver earrings. She refreshed her makeup and wore her hair like she did when Jim first returned from Stamford. She even decided to spray a little bit of perfume on.

A date with Jim Halpert. Finally

---------

Jim noticed Pam run out of the office without saying goodbye. He figured she was just excited, and he was too. He got dressed quickly and still had an hour until 7. He was getting more nervous by the minute. He tried watching TV but it didnt' help at all, so he jumped in his car and went to buy Pam some flowers. He bought her roses, but not the big ones. He bought her the small ones that he remembered her say once that she liked them more. Finally, he could go and pick her up. He sat in his car for 5 minutes, gaining his confidence, until he walked up to her door. He took a few deep breaths until he was ready, and he knocked on her door.

---------

Pam heard him knock on her door. She looked at herself one more time in the mirror before opening the door.

Jim looked at Pam. She looked gorgeous. He has never seen her look like that. He finally gained up the courage to say something. "Wow...you look.... incredible."

Pam turned the color of shirt. "You don't look so bad yourself!" She said and smiled. He was wearing jeans and a blue polo shirt.

"Oh! I almost forgot, these are for you!" He handed her the flowers. He could tell she liked them by the smile on her face. He loved it when she smiled. She would get a little bit of pink in her cheeks, her eyes would light up and her teeth would glisten.

"Jim! You didn't have to... But thank you! Let me put them in a vase, come on in!"

He stepped inside and took a good look at what he could see in her apartment. The door led to her living room and to the left was her kitchen. Her living room had a nice looking couch, two chairs, a table, her art stacked in a pile in the corner, and a TV. It was just as he imagined. And it was so Pam.

She set the flowers in a vase in the middle of the table. "You ready to go?" She asked.

"More then ever!" Jim said and Pam laughed. He helped her put on her coat and they got in the car. Pam looked around Jim's car. It was so much like him. The back was a mess. There were countless socks, ties, and some of his clothes he wore to work that were probably supposed to be taken to the dry cleaners. There were empty coke cans, books, CDs, and a few pairs of shoes. The ride to Trevor's house was only 5 minutes. They stepped out of the car and walked to the backyard. It was huge. There was a trampoline, a treehouse, picnic tables set up, and a grill that was making the ribs. There were a lot of people there too. "This place is gigantic!" Pam said.

"Well, Trevor is pretty rich! He grew up at this house, and i guess he never wanted to leave! So his parents moved to a smaller house." Jim explained.

Just then, Trevor walked up.

"Jim! Glad to see you could make it!" Trevor said.

"I'm glad to be here! Trevor, I want you to meet Pam," Jim said.

"Oh I know Pam! She's the girl you endlessly talk about! Wait, where's Karen?" Trevor asked.

Pam was excited to hear that Jim talked about her so much, but completley forgot about Karen. She didn't even notice her come back to work today.

"Oh...um.... things weren't really working out between us, and i had to end it.... i just couldn't keep dating a girl that I didnt' have feelings for...." Jim said.

Pam tried not to smile.

"Mind if I give her a call?" Trevor asked.

"Not at all. Go for it dude." Jim said.

"Thanks! Oh and go grab a seat. The food will be put on the tables soon."

Jim and Pam walked to a table.

"Jim... I'm really sorry about Karen...." Pam said, but Jim cut her off.

"Don't worry Pam. I never really had feelings for her. I think it was just because I had feelings for somebody else and they never went away."

Pam nudged him and blushed again. "Jim Halpert!"

She felt his hand go over hers. She grabbed it and laced her fingers through his. He gave her hand a sweet squeeze.

They ate their BBQ and didn't stop laughing and talking the whole time. Pam tried to explain Scrutebucks and how she was the Secret Assistant to the Regional Manager. They also met some new friends that were pretty sweet.

Night was creeping up on them. They decided to go up in the treehouse. They were luckily the only two up there. Pam didn't relize how cold she was until Jim put his coat on her. "You were shivering." He said.

"Thanks Jim," Pam smilied.

They looked into each other's eyes for a long time, then all of a sudden, Pam started laughing.

"Way to ruin a moment Pam!" Jim said and started laughing too. "What's so funny?"

"You have BBQ sauce all over you cheek!" Pam said and wiped it off with her finger. Jim took her had that had been wiping the BBQ sauce away and held it. The laughter died down and Jim slowly started to lean in to kiss her. He placed his lips on hers. She kissed him back. She would have fallen down if he didn't wrap his arms around her waist.

He felt her arms creep up his body and into his hair. He pulled her closer. He loved the way their lips glided across each others perfectly.

She loved how he still had the smell that he had on Casino Night.

They slowly pulled away, and Pam ran her fingers down his chest and into his hands.

They were still looking into each other's eyes and were silent for a long time.

"Wow. That was...amazing" Jim said.

"I know. I have been having to keep myself from doing it alot latley." Pam said and smiled.

All of a sudden, she heard two men down at the bottom of the treehouses stairs, getting ready to come up. They were laughing. She recognized one of the men's laughs.

"Jim." Pam said in a part whisper.

He was still looking into her eyes. "Mhmmmm." He mumbled.

"I hear Roy laughing at the bottom of the treehouse."

This snapped Jim out of his daze. He didn't want to be alone with Roy in the treehouse with Pam. Roy tried to kill Jim once before, so Jim didn't waste any time. He hurried down the stair and snuck around Roy.

"Do you....want to go home?" Pam asked.

"If by home you mean going back to your place, eating junk food, sharing a blanket together, and watching a movie." Jim said.

Pam laughed and said, "Of course."

"Oh, but wait! I'm not leaving here without a dance with you."

"I'm such a Dorky Dancer! But I would love to." Pam smiled as Jim took her hand once more and he led her out to the part of the yard where everybody was dancing. A slow song began. Pam put her arms around Jim's neck and he put his arms around Pam's waist. She stepped closer to him and they began to dance. She rested her head on his shoulder and smiled. She never wanted to let him go. They didn't notice Roy staring at them from the treehouse. The song ended too quickly, and people started to leave.

"Thanks for the dance, Jim." Pam said.

"It was my pleasure. And you are not a dorky dancer!" Jim said and laughed. They walked to the car and sat down. He reached for her hand and they began the short drive home.  

Chapter End Notes:
There is more to come! That was fun to write, but i had to write it twice because it wouldn 't let me add it the first time.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans