- Text Size +

EASE IN — MICHAEL'S OFFICE
It is the next day. MICHAEL is sitting at his desk unsuccessfully attempting to spin a gyroball. HE is talking to RYAN on speakerphone and is not paying very much attention.

MICHAEL (absentmindedly)
... they say your wrists have to be strong to use these gyroballs. Or is it Greek. Like, yeeroballs? Jan and I went to this awesome Greek place yest—

RYAN (exasperated)
Dammit, Michael. How hard is it to pay attention for five minutes?

MICHAEL
I'm just saying ... whatever they're called, these balls are really hard to use.

RYAN sighs.

RYAN (in a resigned tone of voice)
That's what she said.

MICHAEL (excitedly)
Ryan! Yes!


Cut to TALKING HEAD — RYAN in HIS OFFICE

RYAN
I've been forced to learn a bunch of things really quickly when dealing with Michael. For instance: Any time Michael gets off track, you say, "That's what she said." Snaps him right back to attention. Look — it's a stupid, juvenile joke, and it's really not that funny. I know. He said it all the time in Scranton. Sometimes I'm like, "I can't believe Michael still thinks this is so funny." But then I remember ... it's Michael.


Cut back to MICHAEL'S OFFICE

RYAN
Okay, last thing. The corporate lease on your Sebring is up next week. If you want to continue to have access to a company car, you're going to need to pick out a new model—

MICHAEL
Say no more. I already know exactly what kind I want.


Cut to TALKING HEAD — MICHAEL in HIS OFFICE

MICHAEL
I was watching this fascinating show on MTV the other day — "My Super Birthday" or "Super Teenage Birthdays" or something. (shakes head) Anyway, this kid was on there, and he threw this awesome birthday party. And at the end, his parents got him this really nice Mercedes convertible with his initials stitched in the seats and everything. And it was cool because everyone ran out to the parking lot and saw the car and started freaking out and yelling and saying how cool he was. And even though some of them had just been talking about how much they hated him and how he was a jerk, as soon as they saw the car they realized they actually liked him. (beat) That's how I want it to be when people see me in my new car.


Cut back to MICHAEL'S OFFICE

RYAN (forcefully)
A Mercedes? Michael. No. I shouldn't even be dealing with this. This is ridiculous. My assistant has a list of cars you can pick from. She's faxing it to you right now. You need to pick one, let her know which one you want, and she'll have someone in accounting here make the arrangements.

MICHAEL (sounding defeated)
Okay. Fine.

RYAN
Goodbye, Michael. (hangs up)

MICHAEL (wistfully)
He can't stay mad at me. We'll always have that connection. Like The Beatles. Or Sonny Liston and Cher.


Cut to MAIN OFFICE
ANDY is singing "Kiss the Girl" from "The Little Mermaid" while making his typical accompanying hand gestures. HE is wearing tan khaki pants, a light orange dress shirt with faint black windowpane checks and a darker orange and black diagonally striped tie. JIM is looking at HIM with a mix of bewilderment and amusement. JIM gets up and walks to ANDY's desk.

ANDY (singing in falsetto voice)
Sha la la la la la my oh my—

JIM
"Little Mermaid." Nice. You guys sing that at Princeton? In Here Comes Treble?

ANDY (pleased JIM remembers Here Comes Treble)
You KNOW it. (beat) (face turns serious as HE realizes the last part of JIM'S question) Wait. What?

JIM (in a mock confused tone)
I said, "Nice. You guys sing that in college?"

ANDY (agitated)
No. That's not what you said.

JIM (slowly)
Umm, I said, "Nice. You guys sing that in Here Comes Treble?"

ANDY (still agitated)
No.

JIM (with mock surprise)
Oh, oh. Yeah. "At Princeton." "You guys sing that at Princeton?"

ANDY
Cornell, Tuna. Not Princeton. Cornell.

JIM (holding back a laugh)
Wait. You went ... to Cornell?


Cut to TALKING HEAD — JIM in CONFERENCE ROOM

JIM (shaking head)
It is so easy sometimes.


Cut to TALKING HEAD — ANDY in CONFERENCE ROOM

ANDY (agitated, but trying to remain calm)
Cornell ... is ... not ... Princeton. It's not that hard. Oh, yeah, sure, they're always in like the top three in those rankings every year. So. What. Their male a cappella group SUCKS - we totally dominated them every year at the Ivy League competition. And they always wore these stupid, coordinated outfits with matching shirts and ties. (camera pans down to ANDY's clothes and back up to his face) Laaame.


Cut back to MAIN OFFICE

ANDY
So here's the deal: My Here Comes Treble graduating class is having a Northeast reunion tour. I can't go — anger management training took up all my personal days — but they're making a special stop in Scranton so I can do one show with them. (looks away in thought) Those guys are the best. (looks back at JIM) Bros for life, right?

JIM nods slowly.

ANDY
So, you comin', Tuna?

JIM
Uhh, yeah, I don't—

ANDY
Oh, and it's totally cool if you bring Pam. (camera pans to PAM at her desk. SHE is eavesdropping on JIM and ANDY'S conversation. Camera pans back to ANDY'S desk) I can get you guys a VIP pass, too, so don't worry about that.

Camera pans back to PAM at her desk and zooms in. SHE gets up and starts walking over to ANDY'S desk.

JIM (subtly mocking ANDY)
A VIP pass. ... For the Scranton show. ... Of your Cornell a cappella group's Northeast tour.

PAM (sweetly)
We'd love to come, Andy.

SHE smiles at JIM. JIM looks back at PAM and rolls his eyes. ANDY doesn't see them look at each other.

ANDY (in high-pitched voice)
Swee-eet.


Cut to TALKING HEAD — PAM in CONFERENCE ROOM

PAM
Remember that day when Andy kept hitting on me? Because of Jim? Yeah. (beat) I figure making Jim go to this show is a good start toward paying him back. (two beats) (faster, almost under her breath) And, also, it kinda sucked when nobody came to my art show. So I feel like if Jim and I go, maybe more people from the office will go, too...


Cut back to MAIN OFFICE

PHYLLIS (sweetly)
Andy, can I come? Bob Vance and I love concerts.

KEVIN (slowly)
Yeah, I wanna come. Dude — we should totally team up. You could sing for Scrantonicity. Right now I sing and play drums ... but I'm really not a very good singer.

STANLEY (monotone)
And Andy is a regular Sting.

Camera catches CREED walking over to ANDY'S desk in the corner of the shot. Camera pans to focus on CREED.

CREED
What's this about a concert? I want in.


Cut to TALKING HEAD — CREED in CONFERENCE ROOM

CREED
I used to be in a band back in the '60s. The Grass Roots. (while HE is talking, cut to B-roll footage of CREED playing electric guitar in the deleted scenes of episode 2.11, "Booze Cruise") We toured with a bunch of other big-time bands, like The Doors. (beat) I actually just went to a Doors concert a few months ago. Really took me back...


Cut back to MAIN OFFICE

ANDY (loudly)
Okay, okay, everyone is invited.

Camera pans to DWIGHT, who is sitting at his desk. HE scoffs.


Cut to TALKING HEAD — DWIGHT in CONFERENCE ROOM

DWIGHT
I would NEVER watch Andy Bernard and his Ivy League (mockingly) "bros" sing a cappella songs. NEVER. (beat) Unless they sang Journey. (beat) Or Billy Joel.


Cut to COMMERCIAL BREAK


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans