47 [Reviews - 85] Printer ePub eBook
Past Featured StorySummary:

Post-Benihana Christmas fic!

Remember when Jim and Pam convinced Dwight that a CIA helicopter would pick him up on the roof? Well, neither of them could resist showing up that night to see the prank to it's conclusion.


Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Episode Related Characters: Dwight, Jim/Karen, Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult language, Moderate sexual content
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No
Word count: 12284 Read: 23970 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: October 14, 2007 Updated: September 21, 2008
[Report This]
Story Notes:
I’m over the moon that PB&J are together and happy, but I love writing angst (that leads to ‘together and happy’). So this story feeds that need.

1. The Setup by shan21 [Reviews - 23] 16 (2059 words)

Firstly, thanks to SixFlightsUp and uncgirl for beings awesome betas :)

Okay, I know that right now in season 4 Jim and Pam are in a happy bubble of lurve, but try to put yourself back in the mindset of Benihana Christmas:

Jim has been back in Scranton for a month or two. Karen and Pam have just finally become friends (having formed and then dissolved the Committee to Plan Parties together). Jim is trying desperately not to fall back into his old ways from season two. He wants to start over. Jim just talked to Michael about rebounds. Karen does not yet know that Jim had “a thing” for Pam or that they kissed.

All set? Back in the angsty mindset? Good! Ready, set, go!

2. The Chase by shan21 [Reviews - 14] 2 (1951 words)
Hope you like this one. I got to write Dwight, which is just about my most favorite thing.

3. Rising Action by shan21 [Reviews - 23] 11 (3552 words)
This chapter starts in Pam’s POV, and then switches to Jim’s.  You’ll see a dotted line when the transition happens. Also, no offense to anyone majoring in musical theater. You’ll see…

Huuuuuge amounts of thanks go to my betas SixFlightsUp, WildBerryJam, and especially to uncgirl who basically helped me totally rework this chapter… twice.

4. Climax by shan21 [Reviews - 25] 18 (4722 words)

A/N:  So, it’s been more months than I care to count since I updated this.  You will probably want to go back and skim the earlier chapters, but basically here’s the summary: 

Takes place after A Benihana Christmas when Jim and Pam pranked Dwight into showing up on the roof of Dunder Mifflin for his CIA training.  Our duo went to Poor Richard’s to celebrate, had an awkward moment or two, and then Pam surprised Jim by offering to show him her apartment.  Jim surprised Pam by agreeing, and made a mental decision to get Pam to admit whatever feelings she might have for him tonight. 

Thanks to everyone who emailed me or wrote reviews encouraging me not to abandon this one.  Special thanks to pam_beesly for the email that finally got me to start it up again, and to UNC_girl for beta’ing.