- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My town does a production of this every year. It's my third year to be in it and i figured that i knew the show well enough and that it was about time I write a JAM fanfic about it (: this may suck bad. I will try to make it work (:

Disclaimer - I don't own Jim & Pam or Charles Dicken's Xmas Carol (:

This story is written about Jim and Pam, the other characters just show up

Author's Chapter Notes:

this chapter is VERY short compared to how the rest will turn out.

I'm writing this while i'm trying to figure something out for my other 2 storys that i'm having trouble working on.

I hope ya'll enjoy it!

“You better not forget the mistletoe.”

 

Pam was sitting at reception and she was overhearing Jim and Karen exchange plans for a Christmas Party they were holding. It was one she had not been invited too, although the rest of the office had.

 

She was trying not to listen. She was trying to concentrate on her game of Sudoku. No matter how desperately she tried, she just couldn’t stop listening to Karen telling Jim about mistletoe. She couldn’t help picturing Jim and Karen kissing under it and spending the holidays together.

 

Pam was spending Christmas alone. She thought about going home to spend it with her family but for some reason, deep in her gut, she saw herself spending it with Jim. It was all just a fantasy though. She had been daydreaming a lot lately. All of them had consisted of her and Jim. But he was with Karen, and that was that.

 

She ran out of the office as fast as she could. She couldn’t hold in her tears any longer. She got in her car and cried the whole way home. She cried herself to sleep, too. Her head began to pound because she was crying so violently. The next day was Christmas Eve, the day of Jim’s party. She didn’t understand why she wasn’t invited. She fell into a deep, deep sleep.

 

-------

 

Jim couldn’t fall asleep that night. He stared at the ceiling and kept telling himself that the party would be fun, and that not inviting Pam was the right choice. He knew, deep down in his gut, that it wasn’t a good choice. He wouldn’t accept that.

 

He stepped out of bed and went to make himself a cup of tea. Maybe that would help him fall asleep easier. As he sat down at his kitchen table, he saw a strange reflection in the beverage, a reflection that did not resemble his own. It actually looked like Daryl from the warehouse but with an eerie, ghostly touch to his appearance. He shook his head.

 

I’m just tired. I really need some sleep.

 

“Jim!”

 What the hell? Where is that coming from? 

He looked into the tea. Was the reflection talking to him? He must be seeing things.

 

“I am here to warn you that tonight you will be visited by three ghosts. You have been making some mistakes, a’ight? The first one will stop by at midnight. Peace.”

 

Did the mug just talk to him? My God.

 

He wiped his face with a damp cloth. As he looked back into his mug, the face was gone. He poured the tea into the sink and went back to bed.

 

He was at the point when he was still awake, but only a little bit away from drifting into a deep sleep.

 

All of a sudden, his room filled with a bright light. As the light started to fade, a figure appeared.

 

He squinted and looked at the figure. It looked like Phyllis, but very tall and graceful compared to his normal co-worker that was so much of a laggard.

 

“I am the ghost of Christmas Past!”

 

What the hell?

 

Chapter End Notes:

feedback or else i won't continue for a longgg time (:

yesss i know i have started writing this 2 days before halloween and it's far from the holidays, but i guess i'm just already in the holiday spirit !


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans