- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This references the webisodes from the official NBC website. Please don't read this story if you don't want to be spoiled. (If you haven't watched them yet, what are you waiting for?) This story takes place post-webisode #5.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The accounting department at the Dunder-Mifflin Scranton branch was in a panic. Three thousand dollars was missing from the accounts. They had been interviewing people for the past week, trying to figure out if anyone knew what might have happened to the money. All three of them suspected that Michael was probably the culprit (he had been in every other instance in the past), but three thousand dollars was a lot of money, and they had to be fair about it. Besides, Michael was never going to actually admit that he had been the one that took it.

Angela Martin was in charge of the accounting department, and was heading up the investigation. They had interviewed four people so far. For some reason, Oscar and Kevin thought they should bring in Roy from the warehouse, which was ridiculous, in her mind. First of all, the warehouse people rarely even came up to the office. The only time Angela ever saw them come upstairs was when Michael needed something repaired. (Like that time Michael's carpet had been ... soiled. There were way too many inappropriate things that occurred at this office.)

Occasionally, Roy would come up at the end of the day to pick Pam up. Angela secretly enjoyed those days that he came upstairs. She had no idea what Roy ever saw in Pam. Especially considering how loose Pam was -- Pam obviously had a thing for Jim and didn't hide it from anyone. Who did she think she was kidding? For all Angela knew, they were probably having dirty sex on their lunch breaks -- it seemed like sometimes they disappeared for a long time together -- there could be no other explanation. It just wasn't right that she was doing that to Roy... they were supposed to be getting married! Marriage was a sacred institution, blessed by God. Pam was nothing but a soiled woman.

Angela huffed to herself, looking over the account ledger again. She had probably looked at it eighty times -- it wasn't going to change. Her math was correct. Her math was always correct. She didn't make mistakes. She picked up the phone to call down to the warehouse, and felt her stomach jump a little bit. She swallowed hard.

This was ridiculous. She had a boyfriend. She was in a great relationship. This was nothing. There was nothing to worry about.

Darryl picked up the phone. "Warehouse."

"Darryl, can you please have Roy come upstairs? We need to ask him a few questions."

In the background, Angela could hear Oscar making "meow" noises and Kevin started whispering, "Roy and Angela, sittin' in a tree..."

Angela quickly cupped her hand over the receiver. "Shut up right now!" she hissed loudly. "That is completely inappropriate."

Oscar and Kevin looked at each other, snickering loudly. Angela quickly glanced over at Dwight, but he was in the midst of a deep phone conversation with someone. It didn't appear he had heard anything, thank the Lord. She uncupped the phone and said, "Darryl?" but he had already hung up.

====

They had talked to Roy for about a minute about the money being missing. After Kevin made a dumb statement about where they kept the petty cash, Roy said, "I'd never do something like that; it's wrong - I don't steal things."

Of course he wouldn't. "Well, I'm satisfied, so thank you very much for your time, Roy," Angela said, nodding. She was standing on the other side of her desk, as far away from Roy as she could have been standing. After being made fun of by Oscar and Kevin, she really didn't want them to make a point out of her again. Especially not in front of Roy ...

"Wait - I've got one more question," Kevin said, smiling.

Oh no. Angela felt her stomach tighten.

"What do you think of Angela?"

"You don't have to answer that," Oscar immediately put in.

"But you can if you want to," Kevin kept saying.

What was wrong with him? Angela's hand immediately went to her face.

"But you don't have to," Oscar said again.

Angela looked at the camera, which was looking right at her, and scowled. She quickly turned back to the men. "This is completely inappropriate and ridiculous," she said. "Roy has to get back to work."

Roy looked up at Angela, then at the guys, and then up at the camera. He looked perplexed. "Yeah," he said, getting up. As he walked by Angela, he glanced up and down at her quickly, suddenly making her feel hot all over. She felt the blood rising into her cheeks and her jaw tingled. She swallowed again, willing herself to maintain her composure.

"Thank you, Roy," Oscar shot back at him as he walked back out.

As soon as Roy left, though, the men of accounting burst into laughter. She watched Oscar immediately cover his mouth, but Kevin just stood across from her, giving her the biggest idiot's grin she had ever seen.

"This is completely inappropriate," Angela said. "I am in a relationship."

She regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth, because Kevin then said: "With who? How come we've never met him? How long have you been dating?"

"Not that long," Angela said. "Besides, relationships are nobody else's business."

"Are you dating someone in the office?" Kevin asked, smiling slyly at her.

For someone who acted so dumb, he certainly asked some pointed questions, Angela thought. "No!" she said quickly, hoping her face wasn't getting red again. "He's just a very ... private person."

Angela frowned as she looked up and saw the camera pointed at Dwight who was loudly trying to explain how many ways he could use karate to beat Jim up. Was it possible the cameramen knew about her and Dwight? Improbable. Her mouth pursed into a straight line as she sat down at her desk again. She frowned deeply as she saw the camera swing back into her peripheral vision.

====

Truth be told, she actually started thinking about Roy a while ago ... back when there'd been a fire in the office, and they were outside, playing that silly "who would you do," game. When asked, Roy had said something about "that blond, tight-ass Christian chick," obviously meaning Angela. At first, she was offended.

"I'm Angela," she had said.

"Hey, I'm Roy, nice to meet you," he had shot back, like some of those assholes she had known in high school who always made fun of her. But there was something about the lack of respect that made her really attracted to him. Of course, she would never admit that it was that shortage of couth that she enjoyed so much. There was something undeniably attractive about someone who was so wrong for you.

He was burly, dirty, unrefined and sometimes made rude comments. But then again, that was every guy in the warehouse.

She saw something underneath that façade, as well. He was actually very attractive -- with those deep dimples and that face like the Hummel figurines she collected. And there was sweetness about him. And a strong sense of character -- he was a man of integrity, and discipline -- but he wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty, either.

He was so much bigger than her, too. She felt like he could just sweep her up at any time and take her away. He could overpower her in any given situation. She imagined him ordering her around. He would use those large, strong hands to put her back into her place. And hold her down when they...

Angela suddenly felt guilty; and cleared her throat loudly. No one was looking at her. Kevin was busy stuffing M&M's and looking at some garbage on the computer screen, and Oscar was on the phone about evening plans. She leaned forward around the cubicle wall and saw the cameras focused on Jim, who was leaning over Pam's desk. They were talking very closely. That girl is such a hussy.

Jim looked over and saw Angela looking at them. He stood up quickly. Pam got up as he did so and looked at Angela as well. Pam gave her a mean glare before escaping to the break room.

Roy didn't deserve someone like Pam. He deserved someone that would be faithful ... true ... and one hundred percent obedient.

It really was too bad she was in a relationship.

===

END



GreenFish is the author of 15 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans