- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Starts off right after Karen's talk with Pam in the warehouse. I wrote it in a script form, although it is more descriptive than a script. My intentions were to make it as realistic to The Office as possible.

Special thanks to my sister Emily aka FamousGrilledCheese (on the NBC Office MBs) for being my personal editor :)!

Enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
-------------------------------------------------
INT. WAREHOUSE - DAY

KAREN
walks away from PAM, ecstatic about her future apartment and relationship with JIM.

CLOSE:
PAM
stands holding a CLIPBOARD close to her, feeling increasingly more alone as she realizes how her kindness backfired. Her sadness escalated, and she feels as if she is imploding.

CUT TO
JIM
finishes writing something down on the paper on his clipboard. He looks up and scans the room, then walks over to the middle of the warehouse.

CUT TO:
ANGELA
inspects the food and notices something is missing, she turns to DWIGHT.

-----ANGELA
(low voice)
-We’re missing napkins.

DWIGHT
does not look directly at her, but recognizes her request and takes it extremely seriously.

-----DWIGHT
(low voice)
-I’m on it.

DWIGHT
walks off.

CUT TO:
JIM
puts down his clipboard on the table, and before he is able to do or say anything Dwight approaches him.

-----DWIGHT
-Jim, we are out of napkins, they are on Angela’s desk.

DWIGHT
quickly turns and walks off, leaving Jim no time to protest his demand.

JIM
looks at the camera, eyebrows raised with an air of annoyance. He sighs, slightly, but is somewhat relived to get away for a moment, and walks off towards the stairs, his hands casually in his pockets.

CUT TO:
INT. DUNDER MIFFLIN HALLWAY - DAY

PAM
sits alone on a bench sobbing, the pain of loosing Jim reaches a high and she feels utterly hopeless as she sinks deeper into the hole of her sorrows. Suddenly

JIM
enters thru the door on her left.

PAM
turns in surprise and ceases her crying, reaching her hand up to wipe the tears off her cheeks. She quickly turns away, sniffling and trying to regain composure, as she feels her cheeks turn slightly redder with embarrassment.

JIM
utterly shocked to see her in the hallway, let alone crying, carries a look of deep concern and empathy, as his heart seems almost stripped of any barriers. He has an air of knowing, that is lightly covered in denial.

-----JIM
(low and concerned)
-Hey--

-----PAM
(sniffling and shaky)
-It’s nothing, I’m fine.

PAM
hiding her under her hands as she wipes her face, does not look up at him. She seems too coil herself up even tighter then before.

JIM
slowly, with much hesitation, steps towards her, his eyes darting from her to the floor.

PAM
looks up at him with wet eyes, trying so hard not to cry, then looks back down at her hands to regain some composure, her fingers nervously hiding themselves in her sleeves.

JIM
looks at her, his brow knotted, the denial, like dust, slowly clears away.

PAM
looks up again

-----PAM
(trying to explain)
-...it’s just...

-----JIM
-Pam.

Their eyes meet.

JIM
looks at her, his eyes deep with dialog, reminding her that she cannot fool him, reminding her of what they share together.

PAM’S
eyes water, the tears swelling past the dam of her determination. She looks quickly away, bringing her hand to her face to wipe them away and cover her emotions.

JIM
moves closer, compelled to take care of her, as his heart reaches out to her, the pain they have between them unmistakable. He sits somewhat rigidly beside her.

-----JIM
(quietly and full of hurt and emotion)
-Hey...

PAM
looks up to him again, the tears slowly and unwillingly falling from her cheeks.

-----PAM
-Jim...(looks down again and back up)...I’m so sorry...

PAM
cannot speak anymore, as the tears and sadness engulf her.

JIM
knows what she means, and does not need any further explanation, as he reaches his hand timorously around her to comfort her.

-----JIM
-Pam don’t...

PAM
looks up at him, her tears ceasing. The world around them seems to melt away, leaving them alone in another world as they grow closer.

JIM
relaxes, their hands coming together, curious fingers interweaving and feeling the familiar warmth of the other.

The warmth and magnetic tension between them is tangible. Their hearts pound and breaths heavy and deep.

JIM’S
words drift away, unspoken but heard in Pam’s ears. His eyes wander slowly downwards to her lips and back up.

They look up into each other for what seems like forever. Nothing is spoken, yet everything seems to be said.

JIM
leans in closer to her, and she does the same, unable to resist the pull between each other, the heat between them growing.

They both look down at their clasped hands, which seem to have a life of their own as they boldly hold on to each other.

JIM
looks back up into Pam’s eyes.

PAM
meets his gaze, a look of desire and passion laced with nervousness and trepidation on her face as she waits for him to do something.

JIM’S
gaze drifts again down to her lips and back up, their eyes meeting again. His expression changes to one with undertones of benevolence as their reality leaks back into their utopia.

JIM
drops his head and looks down at their embracing hands, slightly separating from Pam.

PAM
too, looks down at their hands, envious of their closeness, becoming more conscious as the ecstasy dissipates, slowly flooded with reality.

JIM
raises his head, a decision made in his mind.

Their eyes meet.

JIM
smiles warmly at her.

PAM
smiles back, the joy and relief overwhelming her as she hears Jim’s unspoken words. Her heart swells and her puffy eyes fill with tears.

JIM
brakes one of his hands free from hers and reaches up, tenderly wiping the tears off her cheeks, his warm hand gently enveloping her face.

PAM
closes her eyes, tears gently falling from them as she indulges in the moment. Her hand reaches up to cover his, making sure this was all real and keeping it pressed against her cheek.

PAM
sighs shakily, letting go of the sadness that trapped her in a dark and deepening hole, as her savior’s presents sinks into her being and the light rushes back to her.

PAM’S
hand drifts slowly down his for arm as she opens her eyes.

JIM’S
eyes meet hers, full of solace and content. His hand slowly and gently grazes her face and follows her neckline down her arm, their hands intertwining back together.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Comments and constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.


Carnivale_HBO is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Intertwined also liked 52 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans