- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Bah, I don't know... The idea just came to me, so don't make fun of it turns out horrible. :P

P.S. I don't own anything. Just this crazyawesome iPod Touch that I'm writing this story on.
Author's Chapter Notes:
All I have to say is, reviews would be GREAT ! :)

They're walking in the park, his arm around her waist, and the sun is just starting to set. All through work they were stealing glances from eachother, hoping that the cameras couldn't capture the love and desire contained in their eyes. Once that clock hit 5:00, they were up and out with their car keys and jackets. But now, their car keys are forgotten deep in their pockets, and he holds Pam close, keeping them both warm. They don't talk much, just finally being in physical contact after a long day is enough. She can sense that he's all fidgety and awkward and she starts to get a bit nervous.

"Jim? Are you okay?" she questions with her eyebrows furrowed. Jim scratches his head with the hand that's not on the small of her back.

"Um, yeah. Why wouldn't I be okay?" he doesn't look at her when he says it, and it makes her heart go that much faster.

"Oh, well I don't know... You just seem squirmish and stuff." Pam tries to get him to look in her eyes, but he won't. When she says that, Jim stops walking abruptly and looks down at the ground. Pam searches his face with confusion.

"No, I'm just thinking about something that Michael talked to me about today..." his own sentence floats away with the wind, his thought incomplete.

Jim drops down on his left knee, and her air supply goes weak and she feels like she might faint. He's still not making eye-contact with her.

"Jim. What are you doing?" Pam asks him breathlessly.

"I'm... tying my shoe." He looks up to her with confusion and reaches down to twist his shoelaces into a perfect bow. Her heartbeat slows now, but her cheeks are tinged bright crimson with embarassment. Jim stands, slides his arm around her, and they keep walking.

"What did Michael talk to you about?" Pam wonders aloud.

"You'll find out someday." That grin, the one that gives her butterflies everytime, spreads across his handsome face.

Someday...

Chapter End Notes:

sorry, my iPod wacked out while i was writing this chapter, so i just had to post it where i was. :/ but it's done now, and reviews would be great !!!!



dundermifflinthisisdani is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Down On One Knee also liked 1095 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans