- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is short. The rest will be longer!

Major thanks to Malcom Lake for being my wonderful beta. [:

Oh - I'm almost done with the last chapter of the Christmas Carol story. Sorry it took me so long to finish!

 

Pam was sitting alone in the living room, watching Dazed and Confused. Roy was at Poor Richard’s with his friends. She had a bowl of popcorn in her lap and a Diet Coke on the coffee table. Then she heard the familiar tune of Baby Love playing from her cell phone.She answered it and heard a strangely emotional Dwight saying, "Pam, there's been and accident; Jim was in a car wreck and he's going to die. He asked for you."

 

She drove to the hospital in record time. As she walked into the emergency room, she saw that Jim’s face was covered with deep cuts and blood. She approached him and grabbed his hand. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. She tried to open her mouth to speak, but his body suddenly stiffened and the color drained from his face. Her best friend was dead.

It all started with a nightmare.

 

Pam awoke drenched in sweat with uncontrollable tears rolling down her cheeks. On the right of her, slowly waking up from a deep slumber, was Roy. He rubbed his eyes and forced himself to sit up. “Pammy? What’s wrong?”

 

Pam shook her head. “I just had a bad dream. It’s nothing to worry about. I’m just going to make some tea. Try and go back to sleep, okay?” Roy nodded his head and pulled the covers back over him.

 

It was then she realized that she couldn’t keep living the way she was. Maybe it was because as she replayed her nightmare over in her head, she felt the same fright as she did during the dream itself. She tried going over the nightmare again by placing Roy in Jim’s place. When she did, she didn’t feel as much pain. This made more tears trickle down her face. She felt more for Jim then she did for Roy. Could she really feel more for Jim did she did for Roy?

 

Pam crept into the kitchen, filled the green tea kettle, the one Jim had given her at the recent Christmas party, with water, and set it on the stove. She took a quick glance around her apartment trying to think of something Roy had given her that meant as much. She had no luck. For Christmas, Roy gave her slippers and an MP3 player that already broke. She felt the sudden urge to call Jim. After the unpleasant nightmare, she just wanted to hear his voice to reassure herself that he was really there. Maybe it would help calm her nerves.

 

She reached for her cell phone and dialed his number which was now memorized. It rang two times until she heard,

 

“Hello?”

 

She let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. He was still here. She couldn’t help but think that he only picked up the phone at 2 a.m. just because it was her calling.

 

“I’m so sorry I’m calling you so late…”

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

“Well—”

 

Their conversation was interrupted when Roy came into the kitchen and took the phone from Pam.

 

“Who the hell are you talking to at 2 in the morning?”

 

“Umm—”

 

Roy grabbed the phone from Pam’s hands. Crap, Pam thought, I am talking to Jim. Roy is not going to be happy…

 

“Who is this?” Roy asked Jim.

 

“It’s… um… Jim.”

 

Roy slammed the phone off and into the receiver and threw the small phone onto the wall, breaking the connection, and the phone completely. When he turned to look at Pam, she shuddered with fear. There was an anger showing in his eyes that she had never seen before and she knew that this would not be pretty.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are like Michael wearing woman's clothing!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans