- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews last chapter! You all are so great!
Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than the rest... The whole idea with the picture came from a deleted scene in Goodbye Toby. I watched it over and over because their pose was so cute : ) Hope you still enjoy it!

The boat hit another wave and Pam threw a pillow over her head. “I hate this,” she groaned, her voice muffled.

 

Jim took the pillow away from her head and moved her head so that it was lying in his lap. When the boat came crashing down on another wave, Pam jumped out of bed and hurried to the bathroom. Jim was right behind her. He opened the toilet seat for her and knelt down beside her. While she was puking, he held her hair back and rubbed a comforting hand up and down her back. When she was through, she leaned her head against the bathtub and closed her eyes.

 

“I’m so sorry, Jim.”

 

“What? No, don’t be sorry!” he reassured her as he pulled her into his lap.

 

“You held me while I puked. Accept my apology.”

 

“Nope. Not gonna happen.”

 

“Jim.”

 

“Really, Pam, it’s not a big deal. I’m sure you’d do the same to me if I was sick.”

 

“Yeah I-” another wave caught her in the middle of her sentence and she leaned back over the toilet again, vomiting once more. Jim ran to grab her a bottle of water.

 

“Here, drink this while I run and grab you some ginger ale,” he said. She nodded her head and took a sip while he got a damp washcloth and padded the sweat off of her forehead. He left the room and she closed her eyes, inhaling deeply. A few minutes passed and Jim returned. She luckily hadn’t thrown up again. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Better,” she smiled.

 

“Good,” he said.

 

“I would kiss you right now, but my breath probably reeks,” she said.

 

“There will be time for that later but right now let’s focus on getting you better. Listen, my family and I would always go on cruises and my brother got seasick all the time, so I know a lot of remedies.” He stood up and held his hand out to Pam. He pulled her up but she had trouble keeping her balance, so he reached one hand under her knees and put the other on her back and picked her up.

 

“Jim. You don’t have to carry me. We’re just going into the other room. I could crawl and be fine!”

 

“Tough luck, Beesly,” he said as she laughed. He set her down on the bed and plopped down next to her.

 

“You know, if I feel like I’m going to throw up again, you’re going to have to carry me all the way back in the bathroom.” Jim laughed and went over to his backpack. He came back to the bed carrying a breath mint.

 

“I want you to eat this mint for two reasons. One, because it will help calm your stomach a little, and two, because I really want to kiss you.” He threw it to her and she popped it in her mouth.

 

“Guess what?” she asked when she finished sucking on t he mint.

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t feel seasick anymore,” she replied giving him a wink.  He smiled and climbed on top of her and began to kiss her. “If you dare tickle me,” she said in between a kiss, “then I swear to God, I will make you hang out with Michael every hour left of this trip.”

 

Jim laughed and held out his fingers, threatening to tickle her. “Don’t you dare!” Pam said, as she pulled Jim’s head back down and immediately distracted him with another kiss. And another. And another. A kiss on her neck. A kiss on her ear. Kisses down her neck and back to her mouth.

 

Then, there was a knock on the door.

 

“Not now, Michael!” Pam called in between kisses and giggles.

 

“Um... It’s not Michael... It’s Toby.”

 

“Oh...” she mumbled as she looked at Jim apologetically. “Just a second!” she called as she ran to the closet and grabbed a change of clothes, motioning for Jim to do the same. They quickly changed and she ran to open the door.

 

“I’m sorry, is this a bad time?” Toby asked as he noticed Pam’s messy hair and her lightly swollen lips.

 

“No, not at all!” she lied as she moved aside to let him in. “What’s up?”

 

“Well, I was just walking around the boat and saw I was near you room so I thought I’d stop by,” he said looking at his feet.

 

“Wait, how did you get our room number?” Jim asked.

 

“Oh... um... Michael wanted me to take pictures for a collage, so he gave me your room number.” he said, sounding a little suspicious.  “Would you mind if I took a picture-”

 

“Sure!” Jim said as he moved up behind Pam and wrapped his arms around her from her back and nestled his head next to hers. She held onto his arms and they both smiled as Toby quickly took the picture. “Can you send us a copy of that?” Pam asked.

 

“Yeah... Sure... Um... Hey, Jim, could you take one of just me and Pam?” Toby asked.

 

“Yeah, sure,” he replied as he took the camera from Toby. Toby tried to copy the pose Jim did to Pam but of course, it was obviously more awkward. Pam’s hands were hanging limply in front of her and she only smirked. Jim raised his eyebrows and snapped the picture. Toby gave Pam a quick kiss on the cheek when Jim handed the camera back to him. She took a step away from him and frowned. Jim just stared at him. The silence was becoming very uncomfortable.

 

“I’m... sorry,” Toby apologized.

 

“It was... um, nice talking to you Toby,” Pam said as she hastily led him to the door. “Um, take more pictures for the collage,” she said, trying to sound enthusiastic as she closed the door behind him.

 

“That was... so awkward,” she said.

 

“I’m beginning to believe that Toby has a little crush on Ms. Pam Beesly, here.”

 

“You think?” Jim chuckled. “That was the kind of ill at ease kiss my grandma used to give me,” she continued as she crawled into the bed covers. He slid in right next to her.

 

“If he lays one more finger on you, then I will seriously have to beat him up.”

 

“Aww, my boyfriend is so protective of me. I love it,” she said as she drew a finger down his chest. He took her hand in his and she snuggled closer. “Just a tiny thought of losing you makes me feel sick,” he said, seriously.

 

“You don’t ever have to worry for even a second about losing me because I never plan on leaving you.” He smiled and gave her a tender kiss.

 

“Speaking of feeling sick, how’s your stomach now?”

 

“It’s a lot better. Actually, it doesn’t hurt at all. Love is the perfect remedy for everything,” she said with a smile.

 

“You’re exactly right. And God, do I love you.”

 

“Back at cha, babe.”

 

“Did you just call me babe?”

 

“Wow... I think I just did.”

 

“Hm... it actually sounded pretty cute. And I’m not the kind of guy big on pet names or anything.”

 

“Maybe I should start using it more often.”

 

“Maybe you should. Babe.” She giggled and wrapped her arm around his stomach.

 

Jim stifled a yawn. It was fairly late and they were stopping in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas the next morning.

 

“Okay, since I found out two secrets from you today, I think it’s only fair that I tell you one of my own. God, this is so embarrassing...” Jim said, wincing at the memory. “First off, you can’t laugh. I haven’t told anyone this. The only people that know are the people who were there for this particular event.”

 

“Stop stalling, Halpert, and tell me your secret.”

 

“Fine. When I was in high school, everyone was making clubs. If you had a club and a lot of people joined, then you were instantly popular. Well, I was obsessed with Indiana Jones and I thought it would be ‘so cool’ if I made a club for it. As it turns out, the only person that joined was the biggest dork at my school and a teacher. I didn’t even know teachers could join clubs, but apparently at my school, they can. I was the laughing stock of my grade and my brother still doesn’t let me live it down. I had to threaten to shave his leg hair if he told anyone.”

 

Pam bit her bottom lip, trying to hold in the laughter that was bubbling in her throat. “You said you wouldn’t laugh,” Jim said, “And I know you want to.” She nodded her head. “Okay, fine, laugh, whatever. But you have to promise me that you won’t tell a soul.” She snuggled her head into his arm and started giggling uncontrollably. But to Jim, her giggles were contagious, so he couldn’t help but chuckle as well.

 

“Are you finished yet?” he asked after a few minutes of laughter.

 

“Wait, almost...” she said as she let out one more giggle. “Okay, now I’m satisfied.”

 

“That’s what she said.”

 

“Oh, don’t even!” For the next little bit of time, they whispered about everything and nothing. They whispered sweet nothings to each other and shared little kisses. Their yawns started to take over and it was becoming a struggle to keep their eyes open.

 

“Goodnight, babe,” Jim whispered.

 

“Pleasant dreams, babe.”

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are like Michael and Dwight trying to burn Utica to the ground. Or like Michael sticking his face in concrete. Indescribably awesome. They are the perfect remedy for seasickness, as well : )

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans