- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry that this chapter is so short! It's just the little bit in between that I need to have before they board the cruise. Enjoy!
At the baggage claim, Pam was so excited that she was practically bouncing on her toes just like she was earlier that day. As soon as she stepped of the plane, she wasn’t quite so tired anymore.

 

“God, how much longer?” she asked anxiously.

 

“Pam, calm yourself!” Jim replied letting out a small laugh. “We aren’t even boarding the cruise ship until tomorrow!”


”I know, but we are finally here! And—Oh, here they come!” she said taking a step closer to the baggage claim. She waited impatiently and when she saw her bag near them she nearly jumped to grab it. He reached over and helped her lift the heavy bag and she rewarded him with a kiss on the cheek. While they were waiting for his bag to come, something caught her eye. She nudged Jim and pointed ahead of them. He looked and immediately snickered. Dwight was in Hawaiian board shorts, a fishing hat, and a Lake Wallempaumpack short sleeved shirt. He was trying, with all of his might, to pick up a huge army bag. As they took a closer look, they noticed that it was a German Army suitcase.

 

A few minutes later, Jim’s bag came and they rolled the luggage outside and waited for the shuttle to their hotel. Stanley came out with his wife, Terri, and Meredith was right behind them with her son, Jake. The shuttle pulled up and they made their way on. She thought about all of the places they would be going. They would be stopping at Nassau in the Bahamas, Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas, and Phillipsburg in St. Maarten before returning to Miami. She was guilty for spending hours upon hours looking at pictures of their destinations on Google Images.

 

“We’re almost there!” she said, squeezing his hand.

 

“Okay, just a few minutes ago you were asleep on my shoulder. Now, you’re on an all-time high. What has gotten into you?”

 

“I’m just excited!”

 

“Oh, I couldn’t tell,” he replied sarcastically and chuckled.

 

“Shut-up,” she said and smiled up at him. After what seemed like an eternity to Pam, they pulled into the hotel parking lot. “Why are we rushing?” he asked.

 

“I want to check in first!”

 

“Spaz,” he replied and she pinched his arm. “Ouch!” he exclaimed. She pulled Jim off of the bus and into the hotel lobby. He walked up to the desk clerk to check in and she stood eagerly next to him. It wasn’t long until they were in their hotel room; lying next to each other in their pajamas and trying to ignore scratchy sheets of the bed. Pam was lying on his chest reading The Other Boleyn Girl while Jim’s arms were circled around her stomach as he watched her read. She soon let out a yawn.

 

“Did you just—”

 

“Don’t even.”

 

“Admit it, Beesly. You’re tired now.”

 

“It’s from traveling.”

 

“Then why were you so jumpy a few minutes ago?”

 

“I told you why. I was excited. Now be quiet, I’m trying to read.” He chuckled and kissed her head. They remained like that for a while until she slowly let go of the grip on her book. He looked down at her and saw that her eyes were closed and a peaceful look had drawn over her face. He reached over, turned off the lamp, and kissed her head one more time before closing his eyes as well.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are like Michael shouting, "I'm king of the world!" on a little ship. I didn't get many reviews last chapter, but I enjoyed them anyway! Please please please review, i beg of you! (wow, that rhymed!)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans