- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so the angst was a little heavy in my last fic. This time I'm going a little scifi/voodoo/weirdness but there's always fluff involved. I borrow a few ideas from the movies. But I'm not saying which just yet - you'll figure it out.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

*****************************************

He took another sip of his beer and stared at the game. Darryl elbowed him in the side.

“So, what are you gonna do about it?”

“I don’t know, man. She came home late last night and this morning she’s all distant but I don’t know why and she keeps telling me nothing’s wrong.”

“I was gonna tell you something but now I’m not sure…”

“No, look, Darryl, if you know something you gotta tell me.”

“Well, my cousin is dating one of the girls who works for the production company and she said…” he hesitated.

“Come on, dude, don’t leave me hanging!”

“Well, she said that Pam kissed Halpert last night. Like, up in the office, alone. They got it on tape.”

“WHAT??????? Why the hell didn’t you tell me before!”

“Cuz I knew you’d just freak out, man! This girl also said that Pam ran off afterwards so it wasn’t like they hooked up or anything. That Halpert just made a play for your girl and it didn’t work out. Chick said she heard he’s transferring anyway, man.”

“Jesus Christ. No wonder she was all weird. You think I should let Halpert have it? I mean, I fucking asked him to keep an eye on her!”

“Man, that’s messed up. What happened to honor?”

“No shit. Well, if he’s leaving, I guess it doesn’t really matter too much but she’d better tell me.”

“Yeah, it’d be hard to trust her again if she doesn’t tell you.”

“What if - what if she liked it? Maybe that’s why she’s being all weird!”

“Man, you thought Halpert was gay up until he kicked your ass at basketball!”

“But girls like that sensitive crap. I’ll tell you one thing, she is not fucking leaving me for THAT guy!” Roy pounded a fist on the bar.

Darryl looked around the bar before leaning in and saying, in a low voice, “Look man, I got a cousin who’s got a friend who can maybe help you out with that.”

“Like how?”

Darryl looked at his watch. “Shit, it’s late. My old lady wanted me home. Let me drop you off and we’ll talk on the way.”

“Sweet.”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans