- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Major thanks to Susanita for her wonderbrain that knows and understands all of this.

I voted, but that doesn’t mean I own anything.

And WildBerryJam is awesome. That’s a given.

Originally was for part of a story for the two week challenge, but that story is currently being reworked, and this is separate.

            “Oh come on Jim, Obama’s got no experience; he hasn’t even been in the senate for four years!” Pam sighed. They had had this argument countless times before; it always ended the same way.

            “He represents change, Pam. Sure, Clinton’s got experience, but at what cost? She’s old school Washington.”

            “You just don’t want a woman in office!”

            “Hey, I’m all about feminism, I just don’t want Hilary,” Jim said matter-of-factly.

            “Hilary knows what she is doing, she can deal with the mess in Iraq and the economy.”

            “She voted for the ‘mess in Iraq!’ Obama’s been against it from the beginning!”

            “Of course he was, he wasn’t even in office yet. I want a president that actually has experience!”

            “He was only elected to US Senate in 2004, but he served on the Illinois Senate before that. It isn’t as if he just graduated high school or something.”

            “Clinton had 8 years as first lady, and then another 7 as a senator. She won the second time with a huge majority – she must be doing something right!” Pam couldn’t believe she actually remembered all of this. It was rare she even voted, but this year, she cared. It seemed more important now than in the past.

            “Obama did the same. Plus, he is all about national unity – no more red state/blue state. Obama is the one to unify.”

            “Clinton’s worked with Republicans also, she’s friends with McCain!”

            “Obama cosponsored a bill with him about border security; he can do the bipartisan thing also.”

            “Oh, come on. We both know they pretty much are the same.”

            “Then why are we arguing?”

            “Because you’re stubborn?”

            “Oh sure, blame it on me,” Jim couldn’t help but tease her.

            “Of course. All your fault.”

Chapter End Notes:

In my world, both Jim and Pam are all for Obama. But that’s just me. But anyways, all of this stuff is true except for the stuff I made up. Please don’t take this as anything more than rambling fanfic.

Please review if you like it.


EmilyHalpert is the author of 44 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans