- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Yes, I changed the name of this story because... well, it made sense to do so. This episode kind of took on a life of its own. I apologize for any confusion!

See previous stories, The Mob and The Crush to catch up on what you've missed so far. All of these little "episodes" do tie together. At least, that is the plan!
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own anything, just lots and lots of crazy ideas for these wonderful characters that I did not create. :P
INT – Reception

Natalie is typing away at her computer when the phone rings.

NATALIE
Dunder Mifflin, this is Natalie.

JOSH (on the phone):
Thirteen? Really, that’s all you think of me?

NATALIE
I’m sorry?

JOSH
I showed you a pretty good time last night, and yet I only make it to number 13 on your Myspace friends list? I would think that taking you to my nephew’s little league game, and then treating you to dinner AND a movie would automatically guarantee a number two spot, or at least a three. (Natalie laughs.)

NATALIE Talking Head:
Yes, Jim’s brother and I went on a date over the weekend. It went pretty well, considering it was my first date in... 9 months? The last guy I went out with didn’t have a car, so I would have to pick him up on our dates. I drove him to school sometimes. On our third and final date, he hit on one of my best friends and after he apologized, he tried to feel me up. And I still had to drive him home. Where he lived with his mother. Who still did his laundry. And gave him a 10:40 curfew so he could be home in time to help her record Jay Leno. But he was really cute. My friends said he kind of looked like Jude Law…. So… he had that going for him. And he had a pretty killer CD collection. I was able to burn copies of a couple of them before we broke up, so at least the relationship wasn't a complete waste of time.

INT – Reception.

Natalie is still on the phone.

JOSH
Now I know Indiana Jones was no Made of Honor, but we both agreed that if we flipped tails, I got to choose the movie.

NATALIE
Fair enough, but did it really need to be two hours long?

JOSH
Well, I’m sorry I didn’t get you home in time to watch Extreme Makeover, but I actually thought we were having a pretty good time.

NATALIE
Oh, gosh. Well when I get home, I’ll re-evaluate my friends list and we’ll see where you end up.

JOSH
Call you tonight?

NATALIE
Yeah.

JOSH
Alright, shorty. Bye.

NATALIE
Bye.

INT – The office.

Michael and Holly are talking by the copy machine.

HOLLY
So, did you have a good weekend?

MICHAEL
Yup. I did. Rented a couple of movies.

HOLLY
Oh. What did you rent?

MICHAEL
Um, I watched a couple of recent movies actually. I watched Glitter. Have you seen that?

HOLLY
No-

MICHAEL
It’s really good. Mariah Carey is in it. It’s kind of an underground film. What do they call those movies, N.D. films?

HOLLY
Oh, you mean an independent movie? Like an indie film?

MICHAEL
No, I’m pretty sure it’s N.D. I think it stands for “No Dough”. Or “No Dinero”. In espanol. Because these N.D. movies, they don’t usually make a lot of money, because not a lot of people know about them, even though they are really good. You should really watch Glitter. Oh, and I re-re-re-watched Back to the Future. That’s another really good movie. I’ve realized recently not a lot of people know about that one either. (Holly just nods.) And yesterday morning, I made pancakes. Or, I tried to. But the pancake batter didn’t cook very well on my George Foreman grill. So, I was going to eat cereal instead, but I used all the milk to make the pancakes, and I can’t eat cereal without milk, so I went to the store, but on my way there, I drove past a Dunkin Donuts and I thought, “Man, I would kill for a Dunkin Donut right about now.” So I got about two dozen of their chocolate donuts, but when I got back home, I remembered that I still didn’t have any milk, and you can’t eat chocolate donuts without chocolate milk, that’s ridiculous. Impossible. But by then, it was like… noon. Which is way too late to eat breakfast. So, I just went to Subway and got their sandwich of the day. Chicken breast. Ugh. I don’t like their chicken breast sandwiches, those are the worst kind, but it’s only 2.99. You can’t beat a deal like that.

HOLLY
Wow. Sounds like a pretty action-packed weekend.

MICHAEL
Oh, yeah. I guess it was.

In the background, Kevin is glaring at them, shaking his head menacingly.

KEVIN Talking Head:
Michael totally Holly-blocked me. The other day, I asked her out to dinner. I was going to take her to Perkins Restaurant. They serve breakfast all day, and breakfast is very good. But then Michael came out, and Holly invited him along, too. He took us to Chili’s, but Chili’s does not serve breakfast all day. I was very, very upset. (He shakes his head.) I was so going to get laid that night. I even wore my lucky underwear. They’re my fancy boxers. They have a bowtie on the front. Like a tuxedo. Although, I did get a coupon for a free appetizer because they didn't have any more chocolate cake. Hmm. Maybe they are lucky after all.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews would be great! Love you guys! :D


More soon.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans