- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer - I do not own The Office or P.S. I Love you; the movie or the book
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story will turn out ten times better than it sounds, so stay tuned, please!
Thanks to MalcomLake for being the best beta an author can have!
It was finished. After what felt like forever, it was finished. And it was perfect.

The book was called P.S. I Love You and Pam had been writing it for the past two years. She wasn’t really planning on getting it published or anything, but it was just a little someth ing she thought up one morning and decided to write as a short story or something, just for her own enjoyment. In the end, she got really into it and now she had a completed novel.

She clicked “save” on the Microsoft Word document and leaned back in her chair with a smile on her face. Her back was sore from slaving over the Mac Book all night, bags were laying under her eyes, and about 5 cups of tea were empty or cold on her desk. Her hair was a mess and the mascara on her eyes was lightly smudged. She had been up the last two for 2 nights straight finishing it. She had Remember the Titans playing over and over on the TV. The door to the bedroom opened and in came Jim in his flashy work clothes.

Two years ago, right before she started writing this novel, they were working at Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. Pam got offered an internship at Pratt School of Design. That summer was filled with brutal work, sleepless nights, insane heat, and missing Jim. This is when she started writing. The emptiness she felt without Jim had inspired it. She wrote bits and pieces of it whenever she had free time. She didn’t have a plan where each chapter was going to lead, she just wrote. As soon as the summer was over, he proposed with a sparkling Tiffany and Co. engagement ring. She said yes, of course, and that January, they got married in a beautiful church in New York City. Jim got a job as an ESPN Broadcaster. He was quite famous and they had much more money than they did when they worked at Dunder Mifflin. Their apartment was on Fifth Avenue and it was as if they were living the dream life. Pam owned a private gallery for local artists. A few of her own works were included as well. Recently, she had become more and more obsessed with finishing the story. In the past few weeks, it was almost all she did. During work she would be slaving over the computer just to get a page in, in the mornings before work and the afternoons after, she would be adding a new chapter. On the weekends she spent full nights and days at a time writing and writing. Jim wasn’t angry that she wasn’t spending as much time with him because of it, but instead he supported it as long she would read it to him as soon as she finished. He claimed that hearing the author speak the words for herself would be better than reading it to his own liking. But there was one thing did upset him and it was that she refused to try and get it published because she claimed that it wasn’t good enough material to be open to the public. “How’s the book going?” Jim asked as he gave her a peck on the lips.

She smiled brightly and said, “It’s done!” He smiled and picked her up out of the chair and spun her aro und. He put her back down and kissed her. “I’m so proud of you, Beesly!” (Yes, he still called her Beesly even though they were married and she was now Pam Halpert). “Will you read it to me?”

“It’s really not that good, Jim…"

“Aw, come on, you promised!”

"Just promise me you will be a nice critic."

"I promise! I'm sure it will be great anyway."

She smiled and clicked Print on the computer.

“Ok, fine. But just let me shower first.”

“I’ll run to the store and buy popcorn and those little quarts of Ben and Jerry’s that you love. We have to celebrate!”

“Phish Food?”

“Of course.” She gave him a peck on the lips.

“Do you have any clue how much I love you?” she said as she ran her hand through his hair.

Page after page was coming out of the printer and a huge stack of typed paper was forming.

“Hmm... You know, I think I just might.”
Chapter End Notes:
This story is already written but I wont add another chapter until I get a lot of reviews : )

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans