- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Jim, Pam, or anything else related to The Office. No copyright infringement is intended.

My very first JAM story. Mostly fluffy and happy. I hope you like it!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim's keen observations keep Pam safe.

Thanks to Kate for being my BETA
Jim Halpert crumbled up his empty bag of chips and took the last bite of his ham and cheese sandwich. He looked around the empty room and decided there was no reason to sit by himself for the last ten minutes of his break. He made for the door but stopped has he spotted Pam through the window. She was sitting at her desk eating her lunch and catching up on the work that had prevented her from joining Jim for a break. He stood watching her for a full two minutes before the door opened.

“Hey man, what do you have for lunch?” Kevin asked

“Oh, I already ate. I was just, um, I had a few minutes of break left so I was just hanging out.”

“Well tomorrow you should join me and Oscar. We always eat at the same time and it would be great to have another guy around.”

“OK, thanks for the invite. I should get back to my desk though.”

Jim was still watching Pam as he walked towards his work station. He was trying to think of a way to strike up a new conversation with her. He had already gone over to see her twice that day and he didn’t want to become the creepy co-worker who stalked her. He considered just sitting back down in his chair when he saw his reason to approach her. He picked up his pace and reached her desk before she could take a bite.

“Hey Pam, this might sound weird, and there's no reason for me to know this, but that mixed berry yogurt you're about to eat is expired.”

“What? Really? Oh my gosh it’s almost a week old.”

“Yeah, I just kinda noticed and thought you might like to avoid curdled, poisonous, mush.”

“Thanks Halpert! That would have been really gross and I might have died from rotten mixed berry disease. You probably just saved my life.”

“That’s me, ‘Expiration Date Man’ saving pretty girls from horrid food related illnesses.”

They both laughed and Pam tossed the yogurt container into the trash with a disgusted expression.

“Too bad that was my main course. I don’t suppose you have any ham and cheese left over?”

“No, but I do have enough change to buy you some French onion chips and a granola bar.”

“That would be terrific! But how can I ever repay you for rescuing me from expired yogurt and starvation all in the same day?”

“Well, how about you promise to always eat lunch with me, because that break room can get pretty boring without you.”

“Deal.” Pam said firmly and held out her hand. Jim resisted the erg to kiss it and instead shook it with a wide smile.

He walked back to his desk and spent the rest of the day trying to suppress the grin that crept onto his face every time he thought about a future full of lunches with Pam.
Chapter End Notes:
The next two chapters are written and just need to be reviewed. I'll get them up ASAP.

Please review. This is my first story on here and reviews help me so much and make me very happy!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans