- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own any of the characters, or the show. I'm just having a little fun with them over the summer.
INT – Office.

It’s a normal business day in the office. Jim and Kevin are loitering by the copier in front of reception talking about Fantasy Football. Natalie overhears their conversation.


NATALIE
What are you guys talking about?

JIM
Fantasy Football.

NATALIE
Ooh, I want to play!

JIM
Um, no.

NATALIE
What? What do you mean no?

JIM
Well, Kevin and I have been playing for years. And the stakes are pretty high.

NATALIE
Okay…

KEVIN
Everyone has to contribute one hundred dollars to the pot of money. And whoever wins gets to keep all of the money. And then that person, they get to spend all of the money.

NATALIE
Okay… So what are you afraid of, winning more money? If I join you guys, isn't that just one hundred more dollars for you?

KEVIN
She has a point.

JIM
No.

Natalie looks at him confused.

JIM
She’s going to be a sports journalist, she has an advantage over all of us.

NATALIE
What?

Phyllis approaches the copier.

PHYLLIS
What are you guys talking about?

NATALIE
Kevin and Jim are having a fantasy football contest, and they won’t let us join.

PHYLLIS
Ooh, a contest? That sounds fun.

JIM
No, ok? It’s just me and Kevin. And Stanley. And Daryll and Lonnie. And Hank, the security guard.

NATALIE
Oh, ok. I get it.

JIM
What?

NATALIE
You just don’t want any women in your league. That’s fine, I get it.

JIM
That’s not true.

MEREDITH (from her desk)
That’s racist.

NATALIE
No, that’s sexist.

Andy approaches reception.

ANDY
What are you guys talking about? I heard someone talking about sex.

KEVIN
I think they're saying Jim is being a monogamist.

OSCAR (from his desk)
No. That’s misogynistic.

ANDY
Whoa, Jim. I never knew you were a masochist. You know Angela and I, we-

JIM
Wow. Please, don’t finish that sentence.

DWIGHT
What’s going on?

CREED (from his desk)
Jim is a homophobe.

JIM
Nope. That's not what we're saying at all.

CREED
There is nothing wrong with homosexuals. Asexual, bisexual, pansexuals, they’re all cool with me.

NATALIE
No, we’re just saying Jim hates women.

JIM
What? No. Look, I’m not being misogynistic. Or sexist, or racist. I just… Ok, you know what? Fine. Anyone who wants to join can join. Just pass the notebook around, put your name on the list and… drafting will start today.

NATALIE
Yes!

Jim hands Natalie the notebook and she quickly jots her name down, handing the notebook back to him. Michael exits his office as Jim walks back to his desk and sits down.

MICHAEL
What’s going on?

JIM
Nothing. Just picking players for fantasy football.

MICHAEL
Ooh, I want in on that action. Give me uh… the quarterback from the Ace Ventura movie. Dan… Dan Marino.

JIM
Nope. He retired. 8 years ago.

MICHAEL
Oh. Ok. Um, ooh, ooh, Colorado team. With the, with the horses. Um, he's on South Park. John Elway.

JIM
No.

MICHAEL
Michael Jordan.

JIM
Nope. That’s basketball.

MICHAEL
Oh. Ok. How about uh, Emmitt Jordan.

JIM
What?

MICHAEL
Emmitt… Aikman? Dancing with the Stars?

JIM
You know what, how about I choose for you, Michael?

MICHAEL
Oh, ok. Great.

MICHAEL Talking Head:
Everyone says football is America's favorite pastime, but I disagree. Hockey, now that's a real American sport. I think they even made a movie about it. The Mighty Ducks. One of the best movies of our time. They should have a Fantasy Hockey League. Sign me up for that.
Chapter End Notes:
So I'm debating whether or not this will be my last "episode" of the series. My plan going into this was to not change too much, but to bring all of the characters to a nice little stopping point - where I hoped they would all be by the time the fifth season came along. (Including Jim proposing to Pam.) But I don't know, while I know not too many readers are a fan of script-fic, let me know what you guys think. Should I continue with my own idea of what Season 5 should be, or stop before I get too ahead of myself?

:)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans