- Text Size +

I.

 

This cannot be happening. 

 

Jim had lost track of how many times he’d looked around this conference room and had that exact thought. This time, though, was different. This time it wasn’t Michael saying something so offensive that the whole company should have been shut down on principle; it wasn’t a party celebrating something ridiculous, or Dwight attempting to establish a dictatorship. It wasn’t even one of the unreal moments of happiness he’d had lately, when he and Pam would slip into the empty conference room for a quick kiss or a few minutes of quiet conversation.

 

This was way beyond any of that.

 

“C’mon, Jan. Let me take you to the hospital.  Michael can meet us there.” Jim curved his neck to make direct eye contact with Jan. With an effort he kept the panic out of his voice. He reached out and placed a hand on Jan’s lower back to steer her out toward the door.

 

Don’t touch me, ” Jan hissed. Wild-eyed, glistening with perspiration, the normally lovely face of Jan Levinson looked up at him with determination. “I am not going to have this baby without Michael,” she repeated loudly.  Her features contorted and she sucked in a breath with a harsh whoosh as another contraction started. Jim stared at her helplessly until the pain passed. She continued, her tone no gentler: “I’m going to wait right here until he gets back, do you understand me?”

 

 This cannot possibly be happening.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans