- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Hey everyone.  Just a short break from my WIP (The Real Commentary) for this little fluffy one-shot that's been rattling around in my head. Hope you like it!
Author's Chapter Notes:

I do not own The Office, Jim, Pam, or anything relating to them.  Just writing for fun, no copyright infringement intended.

 

Pam's last day at work before leaving for Pratt was going horribly slow. If it weren't for Jim, she never would have made it through.

"C'mon, one time before I leave?"  Pam pleaded with Jim as he stood eating jelly beans near reception.  "I'm coming over tonight.  It's our last night together before I leave for New York.  You have to let me hear you play guitar."  She had been bugging him about this ever since she saw his Second Life character.

"Pam, it's our last night together.  Surely there's something better we can do tonight?" He smiled at her, raising his eyebrows. She just groaned and rolled her eyes.

The next day, Jim drove Pam the three hours to her apartment in New York.  They spent the day getting her stuff set up, then had dinner at a small restaurant nearby.  Finally, it was time for Jim to leave.  "Oh, can't you just stay over tonight?" She asked with big puppy-dog eyes.

He smiled.  "I wish I could.  But I have that sales call tomorrow."  As they stood outside Jim's car, he gave Pam a deep and passionate kiss, ending it by whispering in her ear.  "I'm so in love with you. You're going to do great." Just before she turned to leave, he grabbed her hand and gently pulled her back.  He reached into his coat pocket and handed her a burned cd.  "So it doesn't get too quiet your first night," he told her. She smiled, a little puzzled.  Didn't she have basically all of Jim's music collection on her iPod?

As Pam watched Jim drive off, she was filled with a mix of trepidation and excitement.  She ran up the stairs to her studio apartment and shut the door behind her, taking in her surroundings.  The first thing she did was pop in the CD Jim had given her.  As soon as it started, her eyes welled up with tears.  In a good way.  A total and complete good way.

Hey there Deliliah, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away, but girl tonight you look so pretty 

The song coming from the speakers was familiar, and so was the voice.  But the two in this context wasn't quite familiar.  As recording-Jim stumbled over a chord or two, Pam sunk into her bed.

I'm right there if you get lonely, give this song another listen. Close your eyes, listen to my voice, it's my disguise. I'm by your side

He had a great voice, deep and gentle at the same time.  She sat through the whole song, utterly transfixed. There was a knock on the door, but she ignored it.

Hey there Delilah, you be good and don't you miss me. Two more years and you'll be done with school, and I'll be making history

The knocking was still there.  Grudgingly, Pam got up and answered the door.  It was Jim.

Oh, it's what you do to me...Oh, it's what you do to me...What you do to me

"Hey"

"Hey"

"I'm going to be late for my sales call."

This time it was Pam who instigated the deep and passionate kiss.

Chapter End Notes:
C'mon, I can't believe that I'm the only one who thinks of Pam going to Pratt when they hear that song.


MrsLloyderineHalpert is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Hey There also liked 2210 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans