- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I'm attempting something new, with numbers and how numbers surrounds Pam's life. The inspiration for it would be the movie "Stranger Than Fiction". So, I hope it captures your interest.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Thank you Azlin and EmilyHalpert for being amazing betas!
Miss Pamela Beesly wakes up after 2 rings of her alarm clock. She makes her bed after staying in bed for 30 seconds. It takes her 4 minutes and 20 seconds to make her bed.

She always brushes her teeth in an orderly fashion: 21 strokes for every 5 teeth. Gargle twice. All in all, it takes 6 minutes and 3 seconds to brush her teeth.

She takes a shower for 22 minutes and 5 seconds, inclusive of how long she takes to dry herself and put on her clothes. Her clothes are always a button-down blouse, along with a matching knee-length skirt. There have to be 8 buttons on every one of her shirts and she has to leave 2 unbuttoned so she doesn't feel too hot.

She always has 2 slices of toast and uses jam with 2 strawberries on each slice. She spreads the jam for 43 seconds and finishes eating her food in 5 minutes flat.

She puts on her Keds in 2 minutes and 1 second, puts on her coat in 12 seconds, takes 5 steps to her door and closes the door behind her. She takes 1 minute to lock the door and turns her key clockwise 3 times, instead of a normal 2.

It takes her 3 minutes and 32 seconds to walk to her car from her apartment. She goes by 5 traffic lights before her destination, Scranton Business Park. She steps out of her car and locks it. She brushes her skirt twice, tightens the blue sweater she always puts around her once she gets out of the car, and smiles at the camera once. She takes 14 steps to her office and pushes the glass door open. She usually has to wait for approximately 30 seconds before the elevator comes. She gets on and waits for 2 seconds before pushing her floor number. Her elevator ride is 23 seconds long and she waits for everyone inside to leave before she steps out. She waits 2 seconds outside the elevator before walking to the office.

She takes 24 steps from the elevator to her desk. She hangs up her coat and then sets down her purse. She scans the room of people to see who could eat lunch with her that day. She sits back down after 45 seconds and starts her office routine.

She hears 2 inappropriate comments from Michael everyday about her and Kelly comes over thrice to fangirl to her, once about Ryan and their wonderful date and twice about celebrities and movies. She sees Ryan roll his eyes 4 times and also sees Stanley take 40 minutes to do the crossword everyday. Phyllis always knits for 10 minutes before beginning her work, Creed comes by her desk once to ask for messages (when he really just wants to look down her shirt), then she sees Dwight go into Michael's office 5 times and she looks at Ryan 7 times, without her knowledge. She always goes to the bathroom twice, and sheds one tear each time because she doesn't see Jim, or talk to him anymore. She takes 8 minutes and 19 seconds in the bathroom.

She types emails to Jim, 3 everyday if you need specifics. She never sends any of them and stays quiet most of the time. She plays 9 games of solitaire until the clock strikes 5. She turns off her computer, waves bye to Michael twice and the rest of her office once. She walks out of the office with Phyllis, always eager to hear if she has heard anything from Jim or from anyone else regarding Jim. When Phyllis has absolutely nothing to say, Pam Beesly always frowns, disappointed. She bids Phyllis farewell, before taking the 14 steps back to her car.

Her life is surrounded by numbers. She has a specific amount of time to finish everything on her to-do list. That's how her life is: organized. She is 100% predictable.

Until Jim Halpert once again steps into her life.


beetsarelove is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Numb3rs also liked 1175 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans