- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the intro chapter - the plot will get more exciting soon! Let us know what you think of this chapter and the story idea in general! :-)
--

Dear Pamela Beesly,

Apparently this first pen pal letter is just for introductions… so I’ll be introducing myself now. My name’s Jim Halpert. I’m a senior at West Scranton High School. To be totally honest with you, it’s not that interesting… but it’s not too bad. I’m not dying of boredom every five seconds, so no worries. As for my family, I have two brothers. Their names are Pete and Tom. I have a few choice words in mind to describe them, but alas, this is a school paper. I don’t think it would go over well.

Lets see, what else can I tell you? I’m actually a pretty boring person. Not much interesting going on in my life, I have a feeling that once we get to know each other we’ll have more to talk about.

So… what about you? Any siblings? Hobbies? Let me know about this kind of stuff, Pamela. Oh, wait. Can I call you Pam? Writing Pamela – the whole name – is just so arduous. Just so you know, I also wouldn’t mind calling you Beesly. It’s your choice, but remember: the ela is just too much work. It might be a little hard for me.

Uh oh. The bell just rang. See, Pam(ela)? Typing out your long name is just too time consuming. You might want to consider changing it legally.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing back from you!

-Jim Halpert

--

Dear Jim,

Pam here. (And yes, you can call me Pam!) I guess I’m not really that much of an interesting person either. I hope these letters aren’t as boring as we are. That would sort of suck.

Lets see. All about me… I go to Dunmore High, but I’m only a junior. (No clue why I’m writing a grown-up senior like you!) Also, I like art. A lot. I’m in the art club at school, and sometimes my work gets displayed on the bulletin board outside. (That's a big deal at Dunmore) My teacher says that I have a good “artistic eye” (I think that sounds good, right?) As for family, I’m an only child. It gets a little boring at times, but it’s okay. I hear that siblings can be kind of obnoxious at times. You just proved that point in your last letter, didn’t you?

I really hope that we’ll have more to talk about in later letters, because I have no clue what to talk about now, which you can probably tell, because of how short this letter is.

Ooh! I have an idea. My teacher just told me that if we’re stuck, we should ask you a question. Here’s mine: are you planning to go to college? If so, what do you want to major in?

So, I guess that’s all I’ve got. I’m looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Sincerely,
Pam(ela)

--

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans