- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
A little something I wrote when I was exceptionally bored a few weeks ago. I've been debating whether to post it or not, but here I am. It's nothing special.
Set somewhere after Weight Loss, no particular time. Let's say it's Christmas, since that's coming up, shall we?
Patricia Beesly remembered when her daughter would cry at night, about the monsters. She remembered Pam snuggling between John and herself, frightened by the imaginary shadows closing in around her.

"Mommy," she'd pleaded, "I'm just so wonewy."

Patricia would sigh in surrender, and in the morning Pam would be their sleeping angel, not the terrified child of the night before.

Eventually, Pam reached the point where, as her mother tucked her in each night, she would call "Leave the door open, please!" Night after night for years, until her daughter moved out, Patricia heard those words.

That night, Mrs. Beesly pulled the blanket to her daughter's shoulders, ran a hand over her future son-in-law's sleeping forehead and walked out of the room, leaving the door swung wide automatically. Halfway down the hall, she heard, "Mom . . . close the door?"

Patricia smiled, and shut the door with a click.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback appreciated; it definitely keeps me writing.


elliehalpert is the author of 8 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans