- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter I of the ambitious, destined-to-be-controversial, not-for-everyone multi-part saga that explores the question: who shot Michael Scott?
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Juanita loathed cleaning the Dunder Mifflin office. She hated cleaning this office more than any other in this office park or in any of the office parks to which she was assigned. As the largest office in the park, it seemed like it took forever to clean. It was the only office with an annex. Oh, how she hated that annex – so much wasted space! And it was difficult to clean around all the nick-nacks these workers displayed on their desks – particularly the bobble heads – and decorations that were strung up on holidays and birthdays, which seemed to occur every day around this place. Sometimes she accidentally sucked up some decorations with the vacuum. Oh well, they would just have to put up more. And they always did. And that microwave! It was the most vile thing she had ever seen in her entire life, and she refused to clean it, as did obviously every one else in the office.

She probably should have cleaned this office first, but she could never bring herself to. And this way, if she ran out of time before she was finished – which was quite common – at least all of the other offices would be clean. She knew the boss would never complain. She had met him a few times on nights he was working late, usually working on what appeared to be a movie. She wasn't exactly sure what his job was. She had always ensured that he witnessed her hard at work, with which she thought he always seemed pleased (and he was; it was probably a good thing she didn't speak English, because he would always compliment her on her “famous Hispanic work ethic” which he claimed his Hispanic employee lacked). And she always humored him when he spoke to her in the worst, unintentionally offensive Spanish she had ever heard.

She noticed that he was lying on the floor in his office, a position in which she had occasionally seen him. He must have been working late on another one of his movies. Good, now she wouldn't have to clean his office. She particularly hated cleaning his office. He had lots of toys on his desk, and his office had a very strange odor about it. It was his office in which she had to remove the “package” from the carpet. As she was passing by, she noticed a stain on the carpet. Oh, no, what did he do this time? She looked more closely, and she noticed that it appeared to be blood – and that it was dripping from his body.

TO BE CONTINUED....

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans