- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim and Pam argue about cereal etiquette.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Jim and Pam don’t consider themselves as the “crazy storm hoarder” types, but they still decide to take a trip to the store to grab the essentials (bread, milk, macaroni & cheese, and Lucky Charms cereal) before the weather gets bad.

When they get back to Jim’s apartment, they settle on the couch and prepare for a day in front of the television.

“I’ve got Best Week Ever Tivoed,” Jim says as he picks up the remote.

“Project Runway!” Pam exclaims and reaches for the remote.

“Oh, I don’t think that’s gonna happen,” he replies. He holds the remote high over his head so Pam can’t reach it and grins. “What’s the matter, Beesly? Can’t reach?”

“My height is average and appropriate,” Pam replies. “You’re the one people should be paying a quarter to look at.”

Jim laughs. “When was the last time you went to a circus? 1942?”

Pam waves off his comment and opens the box of Lucky Charms. She looks into the box, obviously searching for the marshmallows.

“What are you doing?” Jim asks.

“Looking for clovers and blue moons.”

“Lucky Charms foul!” Jim exclaims. “You can’t just pick out the marshmallows, Pam. You just reach into the box and whatever you get is what you get. It’s part of the magic and mystery of Lucky Charms.”

“False,” Pam says. “You eat the marshmallows and leave the inferior cereal pieces for the guy who wasn’t smart enough to open the box before his girlfriend.”

“Maybe I was being a gentleman,” he replies. “Chivalry was very much alive when I let you open the cereal box, but then I come to find out you don’t eat Lucky Charms like a lady.”

Pam plucks a few marshmallows from the box and places them in her palm. “A lady only eats the marshmallows. They’re more feminine.”

“Touché,” Jim says and leans back.

“You know what would make these taste so much better?” Pam asks and settles herself against Jim.

“Honesty?”

Pam smirks and playfully slaps his chest. “No. Jerk. What would make these marshmallows taste great would be something that just makes everything in life better. And that something… is Tim Gunn.”

“Aw,” Jim replies. He kisses the top of her head and continues, “Yeah... no. You’ll just have to make it work without him.”

Pam sighs and says, “Touché.”

They watch Best Week Ever until Jim goes to the kitchen to get a drink - when he returns, he finds Project Runway on and the remote has mysteriously gone missing.

Pam only smiles innocently and offers him the box of Lucky Charms.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans