- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Keep in mind as you read this that little Jimmy Halpert is five years old, which should explain the misspelled words and the way that it's written.
"Bye, Jimmy! See ya tomorrow!" Five year old Jimmy Halpert waved to his best friend Ethan and jumped off the bottom step of the bus. He'd had the best day EVER, and he couldn't wait to tell his mommy about it.

He pulled the door open and threw his backpack and Mighty Mouse lunchbox on the floor. His mom would make him pick them up, later, but he had to show her his picture first.

"Mommy! In kinnergarden we made art! I drew Booger, it looks real good!" Booger was the goldfish he'd won all by himself at the fair in September. His mommmy and daddy had let him name it, and he even got to feed him everyday.

He made his way into the kitchen, holding his drawing. He'd painted Booger green and blue, which wasn't really what he looked like, but his teacher Miss Phillips had told him to use his 'magination. Underneath it, Miss Phillips had teached him how to write MY BEST FRIEND in a big purple marker.

"Mommy!! Where are you?"

"I'm in here, Jimmy." His mommy sounded different. Like she was sleepy? Maybe she needed naptime.

"Mommy, are you sleepy? You can borrow my banket for your nap if you want."

"Jimmy." His mommy was standing in his bedroom, next to Booger's tank. "About Booger." Jimmy could tell something was wrong. "Honey, Booger went to fish Heaven today."

"Then let's go and get him back. I want to show him my picture I drawed!" He held it up, and when his mommy saw it, she looked sad.

"Jimmy, he can't come back from fish Heaven."

That was silly. Booger was Jimmy's best friend, even better than Ethan. Why would Booger leave? Was Jimmy mean to him? Did he hurt Booger's feelings? He didn't remember doing anything, but he wanted to tell Booger that he was sorry. He looked up into Booger's fishtank, but he wasn't in there.

"Mommy? Where is he? I want to tell him I'm sorry if I hurted his feelings, I didn't mean to."

"Jimmy, Booger is gone. But you didn't do anything to him, and he knows that you love him." Jimmy could hear the front door open and knew that his big brothers were home from school. His mommy reached out and gave him a hug, telling him that she was sorry, then stood up to go into the kitchen and fix their after school snack.

Jimmy looked down at his picture of Booger. He didn't mean to cry, since he was a big boy now, but he couldn't help it. One big fat tear fell on the picture, making a spot on one of the green spots he'd drawn.

He wiped his face and lovingly set the picture in front of Booger's take. Maybe he would get another fish someday, but not right now.

"Bye, Booger. I'll miss you. You were my bestest friend. I hope you like fish Heaven."

"Jimmy! Your snack is ready!" He sniffed once, wiped his face again, and ran out of his room to go get his snack and watch cartoons.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading, let me know if you enjoyed it! =)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans