- Text Size +
Story Notes:
no copyright infringement intended.

 



Jim looked up from his spot in the garage and leaned against the broom he'd been wielding. "Nice t-shirt there Bees..."

 

"Oh you mean this lovely three-quarter length sleeve Tee, Jim?" Pam said, turning in a slow circle. "This is actually courtesy of the Gap...I splurged...I had to get an exact replica of yours."

 

Her wide grin made Jim chuckle.  "I can't believe you're this excited about taking our engagement photos in this garage..."

 

"Listen, engagement photos should be exactly like this...it's what all the magazines say.  They should be representative of all that you are as a couple."

 

"So all that we are is in this garage?" Jim said propping the broom against the wall to the side of him.

 

"No, all that I am is in this garage," Pam said glancing at the easel, her paints, the drop cloth, her work on every wall. "And thank you by the way," she added as she closed the distance between them with a kiss.

 

"You're welcome," Jim said quickly, as her lips departed from his. "But then I think we should take these pictures in the backyard because I think that's all that I am."

 

He'd been a maniac in the backyard since they'd decided that's where they were getting married.  They'd had grass laid down in weird mats like carpet.  They wouldn't be allowed to walk on it for another week, and sometimes Jim just stood in front of the slider doors, staring at it longingly.

 

She teased him that he was having an affair with the backyard and they weren't even married yet.  He'd told her it had always been his favorite part of his house. That the best of his ‘little kid memories' were wrapped up in that backyard.  

 

Some things never changed.  He couldn't wait to have barbecues in the backyard come summer.  He even talked about inviting Kevin over...Oscar...Stanley...maybe even Kelly......and Michael: once a year on Flag Day.

 

"True," Pam said finally, using her thumb to smudge away the rosy gloss she'd left on his lips. "But...no....Besides this chair is yours," Pam said gleefully. "Your mom said they bought it the year you were born and she used to sit with you in this chair all the time...So, see? Perfect."

 

Jim's face took on a serious expression as he pulled away to move behind the camera. Making sure it was situated correctly on the tripod.  "So this is really ok? Not going to like...a studio or...Sears..."

 

Pam matched his sober expression. "Jim. You look really hot in a t-shirt."

 

"Wow...thank you," Jim said doing a turn now himself.

 

"Pretty much every time you wear that shirt I want to eat you alive."

 

"Whoa...How did I not know this?" Jim said moving closer to her.  She stepped into the circle of his arms and looked up at him with a wide grin.

 

"I don't know, Halpert...You're not very observant."

 

"Guess not........So....How do you think we should do this?" He said licking his lips as he stared down at her. Wanting nothing more than to do exactly as she'd described...eat her alive.

 

That ponytail kind of did him every time.

 

Shit...he'd had yard work on his list for the rest of the afternoon...but something told him he'd be spending the rest of the day heavily involved in indoor pursuits.  Wedding planning seemed to make them both kind of...amorous.

 

"I don't know...I think just me on your lap."

 

Yeah.  Screw the yard.

 

Jim leaned down, speaking his words against her lips, "Will do."

 

He started to break away to set the timer on the camera but she pulled him back, reclaiming his mouth.  Jim gave quick thought to what a miracle it was that they found the strength to keep their hands off of each other at work these days.  From the minute they got into the car to come home until they went to bed at night (and beyond), they wanted, nay, physically needed the other in very close proximity.  

 

Mundane little chores like putting away dishes instigated a gentle trail of nails down the center of his back.  And he sometimes felt this insatiable need to help her stir...whatever it was she was stirring in the kitchen.

 

"I really, really love you...know that?" Pam said when she finally pulled back.

 

"That's really good news because I heard this crazy rumor that we're actually getting married."

 

"That's so ridiculous....Who told you that?"

 

"You did."

 

"Damn...I'm pretty smart."

 

Her lips again...this time he initiated.  The neighbors were definitely getting a show this afternoon.  He drew his hands down her arms and twined their fingers, feeling the smooth band of gold rub against his skin, reminded him of why they were in the garage, in the first place.

 

"Ok...I'm gonna set the timer on the camera...You're sure I look ok?"

 

"I love your hair right now...that homeless look does it for me every time," Pam said smiling. He just shook his head and watched her as she went to sit on the arm of the old plaid chair.  That damn chair never looked better.

 

Jim jogged over a minute later and sat down quickly. She yelped when he pulled her into his lap.  The first time the flash cast its light upon them, they were kissing.  "We can't send these out," Pam said giggling into his mouth. "Michael will have a field day..."

 

"We're so not inviting Michael, Beesly," Jim said threading his fingers behind her neck as he pulled her in for another kiss.

 

"We have to," she said laughing as best she could as he continued to kiss her.

 

"Talk...about....it later..." Jim mumbled.

 

"Hold on," she said shifting in his lap.  He groaned. "I want my ring to show...you have to go set the timer again...and don't kiss me anymore Halpert...perv."

 

Pride swelled in Jim's chest and he pulled away gingerly due to other areas of swelling.  It wasn't everyday he got to hear her say things like ‘I want my ring to show.'  They were always so busy trying to be ‘low key' at work.  Maybe that was why moments like these, felt so unbelievably theirs.

 

For all its craziness, it was quite possible that that camera crew and the wacky people they shared an office space with would end up being the best thing for their relationship. The insanity, made them cherish every little moment of private time they had together.

 

"Ok," Jim said jogging back to the seat. Pam quickly climbed back into his lap and placed her left hand against her right shoulder.  He watched her position her hand, just so and then smile up at the camera.

 

"Smile," she said to him through grit teeth.

 

"How could I not?"



LoveFool is the author of 48 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Saturday Afternoon T-Shirts also liked 2774 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans