- Text Size +
Story Notes:
First fanfic of life.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Phyllis

1. She wasn’t always like this.

When she was sixteen, Phyllis was thin. And not thin, as in average or slender. She was skinny. Years of walking to school, competitive swimming, and a diabetic mother had caused her to become so thin, the doctor asked her to gain weight. After moving out of her parent’s house, she began to put it on. Slowly but surely, her hips became full, her stomach plump, and her self esteem lowered. Her mother was no longer there to buy healthy food, she no longer swam on her high school team, and she bought a car. She supposes now that loneliness was probably a factor. When men were scarce (she was Scranton, after all), or her friends moved to Philadelphia or New York to make something of themselves, she would just eat.

2. She’s always had a little crush on Jim.

He’s just so cute. So funny, so obviously intelligent, so…tall. She secretly thinks he’d be amazing in bed. Those strong arms, his long body and big hands. The first time she saw his hands she thought “you know what they say about big hands…” and immediately blushed and giggled to herself. Stanley looked up at her with his big watery eyes and she immediately got back to work. Of course, she now has Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration, to think about and dream about. But before now, Jim occupied just a few too many of her thoughts. She, at least so she likes to think, was the first to see his love for Pam. At first she was a bit disappointed, but then she thought about the fact that she was twenty years his senior, and realized that, really, who was she kidding?

3. She still wants kids.

When she was fourteen, she and her girlfriends would plan their entire lives out on a piece of thick paper (ultra white cardstock) and on it on their wall. She wanted four children, a handsome, caring husband named Doug and a large house in the suburbs. Two boys and then two girls. That way the boys could protect their little sisters, the way her brothers would when she was young. She would have a picket fence, a small garden and a blue minivan. Years later, in her thirties, she thought about adoption. But the idea of having a child that wasn’t hers just didn’t sit well. Call her old fashioned, but Phyllis wanted the joy of looking at her child and seeing herself in their features. Now, she’s much too old to even think about having children. Bob Vance had a vasectomy anyway.

4. She doesn’t hate Angela.

Phyllis tries not to use the word hate. She very strongly dislikes her. One of her favourite moments of working at Dunder Mifflin, and it’s been a long time, was catching Angela with Dwight. Not the sight of it, obviously, but because from that moment on the tables had turned. Finally she had some kind of leverage on the small, bitter blonde woman who had dominated the Party Planning Committee. Life was good.
At least until she told their secret to everyone.

5. She has never been this happy.

Not in high school, not in college, not during her twenties or thirties. After marrying Bob Vance, Phyllis has been living the life she dreamed of as a teenager. Dinner dates, movie nights, flowers at work…sex. They even had sex one time while out to lunch with Jim and Pam. Not that Pam or Jim had any clue, but secretly, Phyllis wanted Jim to know. Not in a sexual weird way, but the part of her that had had that tiny crush wanted him to know she was…satisfied. Yes, these were the days of her life. She told her friends that and they laughed. They all had mortgages they couldn’t afford, husbands they didn’t love, and houses full of teen angst. Even though she had to deal with Angela and Michael and Creed everyday, she went to bed every night happy. She had love, peace, a discount on paper and refrigerators, and the opportunity to travel and learn and grow old with Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration.
Chapter End Notes:
Review!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans