- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I also love the "Five Things" idea, in fact, I had a dream a few nights ago in which i thought I might be pregnant, so I found a book called "Eight Ways to tell You're Pregnant (And One Way to Tell You're Not)"
Anyway, here's this. It's short and sappy, of course!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Jim glances at the photos on the mantel and end tables. There are plenty of Toby and Sasha, and Kim and Sasha and of Sasha herself, but none of Toby and Kim. There are some empty frames, though. Jim feels uncomfortable, because while he’s here playing with their baby, his friend and his friend’s wife are meeting with lawyers to end their marriage.

 

Jim plays with dolls for the first time in about 15 years. He rocks a baby doll and puts it in a cradle, and feeds another doll with one of those weird toy bottles, and Sasha is cracking up because he’s pretending the stuffed puppy is a hat. Now she’s pressing Little People into his palms and he’s making them dance on her knees, and she’s belly laughing again.

 

He’s carrying her to her new toddler bed after she’s fallen asleep while he’s been reading the same book three times, and he doesn’t mind. She’s heavy in his arms, and before he sets her down, he imagines what it would be like to put his own child to bed. He gets a warm feeling in his heart and hopes that it will happen someday soon.

 

She’s pooped in her diaper, and it’s the worst thing Jim has ever come across, and he’s kind of glad he doesn’t have a baby right now, because he couldn’t handle this at this point in his life, and weren’t two and a half year olds supposed to be potty trained?

 

At work on Monday, Pam giggles when he tells her about babysitting, and then she tells him that Kristy and Mary Anne called to remind him that the meeting is at Claudia’s house, and he has no idea what she is talking about, but she’s laughing, and he really likes that. 



McGigi is the author of 22 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans