- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
And the Dundie for Best Beta Ever goes to...*drum rolls*...NanReg! Thanks darling!



Disclaimer: The Office and its characters are the property of NBC and the creation of R. Gervais, S. Merchant, G. Daniels & Company. The game Office Clue and Clue are the properties of USAOPOLY and Hasbro, respectively. No copyright infringement is intended. .
----------------


It was the end of summer when Michael decided to throw a big party before the camera crew returned to film them. That was how everyone found themselves still in the office after 5 o’clock.

Pam thought that the Party Planning Committee had outdone themselves this time, mostly because Angela was now back in charge and seemed to be more mellow. Everyone suspected that it might be because of Dwight, but no one said anything because after all, it is Angela.

The weather outside was taking a turn for the worse, lightning and thunder making ominous sounds and sights. The winds blew hard and rain came down in torrents. It was a typical end-of-summer storm in the Northeast, but they couldn’t recall having seen a storm this big before. Now she and Jim were stuck at work instead of home, cuddling on the sofa.

As if reading her thoughts, Jim wrapped an arm around his fiancée’s waist and pulled her closer to him. He leaned down, kissed her temple and said, “We’ll leave in half an hour, okay?”

She nodded and looked toward their co-workers, still surprised that everyone had stayed behind, especially on a Friday evening.

Suddenly there was a loud crash and the whole office went dark. The music died and there was silence before a piercing scream penetrated the air. Everyone started to stir and panic. A flash of lighting illuminated the office and drew Pam’s attention to the kitchen. What she saw made her scream and point.

The office went pitch black again before another lighting strike. This time, everyone looked to where Pam was pointing and simultaneously screamed.

It was Toby with a knife protruding from his throat, crashing through the kitchen door. He was bleeding profusely, trying unsuccessfully to speak. He pointed in the general direction of where everyone had been dancing just moments before near the reception desk.

The lights finally came back on at the same time Toby staggered forward and fell onto Stanley’s desk, unmoving.

He was dead.


----------------
Chapter End Notes:





You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans