- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Just another stupid little thing that popped into my head.

Disclaimer: I do not own "The Office", but I do own a cat who looks like Garbage the Cat.
******************************

Pam had just finished tucking Mollie into bed and was leaving the room when a small voice stopped her.

“Mommy?”

Pam turned around. “Yes, sweetie?”

“What’s J.D.’s real name?”

Pam stared at Mollie, puzzled.

“What?”

“A boy at school today said that J.D. can’t be his real name, ‘cause they’re just letters, and you can’t have a name that’s just two letters.”

Pam came back to Mollie’s bed and sat down.

“Oh, I see,” she said. “I think he means that ‘J.D.’ must be short for something.”

“Short?”

Pam nodded, trying to think of a way to explain J.D.’s name.

“Lots of names have ‘short’ versions… like my name, ‘Pam’, is short for ‘Pamela’.”

“Ohhhh…” Mollie said, beginning to understand. “Because ‘Pamela’ has the word ‘Pam’ in it.”

“That's right. And Daddy’s name, ‘Jim’, is short for ‘James’. And J.D.’s name is short for ‘James Daniel’.”

“Oh! Because ‘James’ starts with ‘J’, and ‘Daniel’ starts with ‘D’!” Mollie beamed.

“Exactly!”

“So, what’s my name short for?”

“Well, actually, your name isn’t short for anything. Your name is just ‘Mollie’.”

Mollie’s smile quickly turned into a scowl.

“You mean I just have a plain old already short name? No fair!”

******************************
Chapter End Notes:

Reviews are almost as good as the 7 promos for "The Delivery" over on OfficeTally!!



FlonkertonChamp is the author of 6 other stories.

This story is part of the series, J.D. & Mollie. The previous story in the series is Labor Of Love. The next story in the series is Panic.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans