- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is another short one.

This chapter is from Jim's point of view, next chapter will be Pam's
Jim:
Jim hangs up the phone and looked at the time’10 past four’ maybe Michael will let him go home early.

Jim walked out of the break room and to his desk.

‘And what have you been doing for (Dwight looks at watch) 7 minutes and 18 seconds of company time?’

‘I was in the bathroom, not feeling too good.’ He lied

‘Well I never saw you leave or enter the bathroom, so I’m telling Michael that you were misusing company time for your own personal crap or whatever’

Michael walks out of his office and making his way to the kitchen.

‘Michael!’

‘What Dwight?’

‘Jim was lying about being sick to get out of doing work’

‘Dwight I was not, I really am not feeling well.’

(Michael feels the top of Jims head) ‘Well you don’t feel sick?’

‘It’s in my stomach Michael, maybe its stomach flu?’

‘Ewww yuck, get out of here I’m sure we don’t all want your disgusting stomach flu, leave now’ Michael was pointing to the door.

‘No, he’s lying, don’t let him leave this is unacceptable’

‘Let it go Dwight, no one cares!’ Michael turned around and kept walking towards the kitchen.

Jim picked up his bag ‘Bye Dwight See you tomorrow’ still acting sick, he waved Dwight goodbye and walked out the door.

Jim made a stop on the way home. He got Pam’s favourite champagne, a bouquet of red roses and a strawberry cheesecake from the bakery Pam likes.
Jim did think that he might have gone a bit overboard, but he didn’t care. This night would be the first time they had seen each other in two weeks and the last time for another two. The next time he would see her, would be when her program finished.

He got home a little after five and decided to start on dinner and decorate his room. Candles and rose petals all over the room. It was perfect.

Jim had completely lost track of time, he was still in the kitchen finishing off the final touches on his home-cooked meal and it was already 20 past seven.
‘Wow, Pam must be stuck in some bad traffic’ Jim said aloud to himself. He took off his apron to reveal a black tuxedo and raced into the bedroom. He held a single rose in his hand and waited for Pam to walk through the door and completely burst into laughter at how overboard Jim has gotten.
He waited and waited and waited....
Jim was bouncing his leg up and down because Pam was late and she’s not normally this late. It’s already five past eight and he had already called Pam about 6 times with no answer.
Bad traffic he kept saying to himself, or she can’t answer her phone because she’s still driving.

As soon as the phone began to ring he rushed over to pick it up (thinking it was Pam on the other line).

‘Hey sweety, where are you, I’m going crazy waiting for you.’ Jim had a huge smile across his face, but that soon faded.
By the time the rose from his hand dropped to the ground, he was already out the front door.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans