- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh my goodness its been a long ass time since I updated this one! I finally got some inspiration for the next chapter. I did not realize it had been pretty close to a year. I am so sorry. 

Pam walked out of the building and spotted Jim sitting on a bench in the park across the street. She sat next to him, “Your note really helped me get through that. So thanks.”

“No problem. Let’s head to the car.”

“Okay.”

About 10 minutes into the care ride Jim asked, “ So, I have been wondering how a very talented young artist, who was able to get into Pratt, got stuck as an employee at a midsized art supply store?”

“That’s a long story.”

“We have a 2.5 hour car ride, fill me in.”

“First you have to tell me about your most recent relationship.” She said hoping it would buy her some time.

“Other than a few unreciprocated flirtations from my co-worker, Karen, my last somewhat serious relationship was this handbag sales girl named Katie.”

That wasn't quite as much as she thought but, oh well.

“Okay, I think I have mentioned this once, but I was engaged for nearly 3 years to my high school sweetheart. And lets just say he is not the ambitious type. We both went to Scranton Community College while living at home for a year, then he proposed and we moved in together. We finished school and I got a job at the art supply store and he found work as a warehouse worker. We had been dating for almost 6 years at this point. Over the 3 years that we were engaged, I mentioned going to Pratt or some sort of art school a few times, his response was always something to the tune of ‘why bother you’ll just be my little housewife anyway?’ The last time I mentioned it, we had set a date, and it was two days away. I asked him again, because now that we are married financial aid would actually be better, and it would give him an excuse to visit New York City more often, and plus there was a 12 week break between sessions. He exploded, and I will never forget what he said to me, ‘Jesus Christ Pammy, would you just drop this hole art school program thing, and just be my damn wife? I need you to cook and clean. What kind of job an even get with that degree? You just end up at home with the kids anyway.’ I didn’t even say anything back, I just pulled the ring of my finger and slammed it on the counter, went to our room and packed a bag and left. That was 6 months ago.”

“Wow. Sounds like a total asshole, who didn’t deserve you at all. We are about halfway, pull into the next gas station and we’ll switch places.”

“I’ll fill, you run in and get some drinks.”

Jim jogged into the am/pm and found a grape soda and a coke, made his purchase and jogged back to the car.

Pam was still pumping the gas when he came back, so he stood with her.

She had taken note of the jogging and carefully flicked the top and sides of the can and opened it slowly.

Jim on the other hand just went for it. He cracked the lid, and there was grape soda everywhere.

“What the hell happened?”

“I don’t know” He looked at her with a grin

“You are such an idiot.”

She looked at him covered in grape soda, and thought, Kelly was right, I’m so smitten with him.

“ Hey come here, you know that note and you being able to handle what I just dumped on you, and that you still want to be friends with me..”

“Who wouldn’t want to be friends with you?” Jim asked as he inched closer. 

"Lot's of people, but here's the thing, I want more than that with you."

"I do too." 

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am thinking possibly 2 more and a little epilogue. Thanks for waiting and reading <3


Pan_cake_Cats is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Art Supplies and Paper also liked 1626 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans