- Text Size +

Pam lead him to the pencil cases and suggested one that had a lock, he picked one with a cute pattern, she admired that he knew exactly the kind of pattern his niece would like. She quickly grabbed a couple different sized paint brushes and a pencil sharpener on the way to the paper aisle.
“Picking paper is the second most complicated step in this process, there are many sizes and weight options.” she said, “I know, I sell paper for a living.” He replied dryly, “But my company only sells copier paper, nothing special.” He continued as she picked out a large pad, and a smaller size for on the go drawing, and some watercolor paper blank cards that his niece could draw on.
“I think that’s all you might need.”
“Okay”
“I’ll ring you up.”
She carried the basket of items to the front and starts to scan the items. She hadn’t really had the chance to look at him before. God, he was cute, his slightly shaggy hair falling over his forehead, his shy smile. He handed her his credit card when she was done scanning and announced the total. She took it from him, swiped it, and while she waited for the receipt to print she glanced at the name, James D. Halpert, it suited him. “Thanks for coming in today, James. Hope your niece likes the gift!” Pam said. “Thanks for your help, Pamela. I think she will!” As she watched him leave the store, she had a feeling that would not be the last time they would meet.
While she was on her lunch break, Pam received a text:
To: Pam Beesly
From: Kelly Kapoor
Hey! Ryan and I are going out to a bar tonight, and you should totally come along, I already have a cute top for you to wear!

To:Kelly Kapoor
From: Pam Beesly
I don’t really want to be a third-wheel. I’ll enjoy a quiet night at home, with a glass of wine and catching up on tv shows. You guys go out and have fun.

To: Pam Beesly
From: Kelly Kapoor
You neeeeed to get out Pam. I’ll help you find a cute guy. You haven't dated anyone since you broke it off with Roy, for no reason!

To:Kelly Kapoor
From:Pam Beesly
I had plenty of very valid reasons to break it off with Roy. Anyway we are not talking about this again. And I guess you are right, I’ll come with you guys.

To:Pam Beesly
From: Kelly Kapoor
OMG! Yayayayayay!

The rest of the workday was pretty boring and mundane. When Pam arrived at home, Kelly was in her room waiting to help her get ready for their night out. Kelly shoved a blouse, that was actually, quite surprisingly, Pam’s style, into Pam’s arms then immediately went to the closet to find one of Pam’s pencil skirts. Once she was dressed Kelly helped her put on just a bit of make-up and tame her hair.
Ryan came to pick up the two ladies and the trio headed to Poor Richard’s Pub. While they sat in their booth, Pam heard stories of Ryan’s days at Business school and weird stories from the customer service desk and helpline. Then the dreaded question came, from Ryan, “So, anything interesting happen at the store today, Pam?” She thought to herself, “I could just lie, how would they know if I met some cute guy I will never meet again today?”
“Pam?” Kelly said with some insistence, “She’s hesitating, something totally happened! What happened?”
“Oh, sorry. I'm just tired. Nothing happened today, I swear.”
Just as she finished speaking the pub door opened, and a group of people walked in. “Omg!” she thought, “It’s him." she whispered.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans