- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter has some overlap with the last one. Shout out to NobleLandMermaid for giving me helpful tips, that  I hope I am using well.

“OMG, whats happening? Who is “him” ??” Kelly rushed, “Something totally happened at work today! Spill it!”

“ Okay, fine. Do you see that tall guy with the sorta shaggy hair?” Kelly nods, “He came into the store today, and I think he is cute, but I didn’t really have a moment to say anything to him, except about what kind of pencils and paper to buy.” Pam sighed.

“You should totally go up to the bar and see if he notices it’s you.”

“The chances he noticed me the same way are so low. You really think that might work?”

“Totally, I mean what are the chances you guys go to the same bar, on the same night, you have to at least try!”

“I won’t stay there for too long.” Pam replied as she stood up to walk to the bar.


She ordered another drink and after about 5 minutes when she suddenly felt another presence at the bar, Kelly smiled really big and clapped her hands together, and Pam turned around and found James sitting one stool over.

“Could I get another white wine?”

“It’s you.”

“Well, weird coincidence running into you here, James.”

“I actually go by Jim, nice to see you again Pamela.”

“That does suit you better, and I really must have that nametag changed, I don’t particularly like my full name, I prefer Pam.”

They were interrupted by Angela ,” Jim,would you stop flirting, like you do with any girl that will look at you, I would like my water.”

“I am sorry Angela, here is your water, and an extra coaster.” She takes it from him and stiffly walks back to the group table.

“I’m sorry about her, she is just a bit judgemental.”

“A bit?”

“Alright, a lot”

“Seems like quite the cast of characters for a paper company.”

“Trust me, one of the only things keeping me at this job is the antics that happen because of them. That’s not even all of them. It’s weirder and more fun when we are all together. I feel like I am one of the only rational ones there at times, even though I pull pranks on my desk mate.”

“Which one is that?”

“The one with the glasses and the parted bangs, sitting across from Angela. Get this he has a 60 acre beet farm, that he owns and runs with his cousin.”

“That is very interesting.”

“One of the most annoying people.”

"He looks like he deserves it" Pam thought, “None of my coworkers are that interesting, nothing interesting happens at North Eastern Pennsylvania Art Supplies.”

“Our boss holds an awards show annually, called the Dundies. Most of the Awards are extremely offensive.”

Hours, but what seemed like minutes for the two of them, later, Pam glanced at her watch.

“It’s already 11! I should get home.”

“I should too, I have a birthday party to be at tomorrow.”

They exchanged phone numbers and goodbyes in the parking lot.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans