- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am not really sure how I feel about this chapter. But I hope you enjoy it. 

I also have a new short (about 3 pretty short chapters) thing written. As soon as I think of a good title I'll post it. 

Another boring day at the office for Jim, yielded him to call Pam for lunch, he knew it was her day off. He dialed her number on his desk phone as usual, over the past few months he had memorized her number. The only drama in the office today was that the higher ups at corporate had found out about Michael and Jan’s, Michael’s boss, relationship, which would probably end up badly, but Jim did not care, to say the least. Pam answered the phone and agreed to come by, and they would go to lunch, she seemed excited to tell him something.

 

“Dunder Mifflin, this is Caitlyn, how can I help you? I’ll transfer you.”

 

Jim’s phone rang, he picked up.

   

“Hey, Jim, it’s David Wallace from Corporate.”

 

“Hi, David.”

 

As soon as he said that, Michael came out of his office and started bugging Jim about why the CFO of the company was calling him.

 

“There will be an opening at corporate soon, and I suggested that you come interview, the rest of the hiring committee agreed. So would you be interested in interviewing?”

 

“Sure, when?”

 

“Next Monday morning.”

 

“Works for me.”

 

“Alright, I’ll see you then. Bye Jim.”

 

“Bye David.” He hung up the phone and addressed Michael’s questions.

 

At the news that there was a job at corporate, Michael practically sprinted the 4 feet to his office while calling out, “Caitlyn, get David Wallace on the phone!”

 

“This won’t end well.” Jim thought.

 

Pam entered the office, and Jim immediately hopped up and greeted her, and they headed out.

 

They went to the normal place, Cooper’s. Ordered and then Jim mused, “What did you want to tell me?”

 

“Well, when we first met, I was applying to art school, I mean I only applied to Pratt, it’s something I have always wanted to do and my ex-fiance, never really supported me, because it meant that I would be living in New York for 2 years. That’s beside the point, the point is that I got in, and I’m pretty sure I am going to go.”

 

“That’s awesome!” Jim stood up to hug her in congratulations.

 

“The only thing left to do is go for an interview next week.”

 

“I have an interview at corporate, on Monday.”

 

“My interview is on Tuesday, you want to go together?”

 

“Sure. We could leave Sunday Morning so we could have a day in the city. I haven’t been to just see the city since middle school.”

 

“Sounds like a plan.”

 

They ate their lunch and headed back to the office.

Jim hugged Pam goodbye and sat down at his desk, and was greeted with Michael, “Heya Jimbo, when you goin in for the interview?”

 

“My interview is Monday.”

 

“Hey, how about that, mine too! You wanna drive together, I could pick you up in the Sebring.”

 

“No thanks, I am heading up on Sunday with a friend.”

 

“A girlfriend? Why don’t you keep me updated on your love life Jim?”

 

“She is just a friend, and I think it would be inappropriate for me to keep you updated on my personal life.” Jim ended the conversation, and returned to making calls.  


A little later on he headed back to the annex to HR, to talk to Toby about taking Tuesday off. He seemed to think it was fine and gave Jim a form to fill out. Back at his desk he texted Pam, asking her about a hotel, he suggested that he book two rooms, and she pay him back for it. He booked a reasonably priced hotel, not too far from Pratt and the Corporate office.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans