- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So sorry for the small hiatus on this one. A little inspiration hit, and this is what came of it. It is a bit short, but I hope you enjoy it.
Saturday 
Jim packed a small bag, including his best suit. A woman at the office, Karen, who Jim thought might have a crush on him, had suggested he get a haircut, and Angela added that it might help him get the job he didn’t look like a hobo. He saw their point and got a haircut, it made him feel silly but he did look a bit more professional. 
Pam packed a small suitcase, some jeans and t-shirts for sightseeing and a blouse, that Kelly had picked, and a skirt for the interview. She was really quite nervous about it. She looked through her portfolio of watercolor paintings one more time before shutting off the light and snuggling into her sheets. 
Sunday 
At promptly 9 am, he saw Pam’s little blue car pull up in front of his building. The drive was uneventful. When they arrived at the hotel, they dropped off their stuff in their separate rooms and went to explore the city. They went to Times Square and Central Park, Staten Island Ferry, Empire State Building, and all the touristy things they both could think of. When it was nearing sunset they found a cozy little Italian restaurant nestled in between two larger buildings. The food was delicious. They each talked about their perspective interviews, and talked through some nerves. 
Monday
Jim walked into the reception area of the corporate offices of Dunder Mifflin. He couldn’t help but wonder about life in Scranton, he had grown up there, he had never really known anything different. He had convinced himself that this was a good idea, when David Wallace poked his head out of the glass door and said, “I’m ready for you, Jim.” The entire interview went by in a flash, it felt good, Jim had a great rapport with David, and he had liked Jim’s ideas for the company. Jim felt confident. 
Tuesday
Pam gripped her portfolio in her hands and nervously walked into the room where 3 professors sat behind a long table, an empty chair across from them. She carefully pulled the chair out and sat down. “Why don’t we start with your portfolio.” One of the Professors, with a kinder demeanor, began.Pam lifted the portfolio up and a little slip of paper with the Hotel header slipped out and landed on her lap, “I have seen your art. It’s amazing. You are amazing. Hugs, Jim.” Was written in Jim’s messy scrawl. Pam cleared her throat and began to present each piece, with confidence and pride for her work. After a few more questions, Pam walked out of the room with a much more relaxed grip on her portfolio. 
Chapter End Notes:

I have 4 or 5 more chapters planned.

As always thank you for reading.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans