- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

Jim ends up telling Pam his romantic history over the course of an evening. I wrote this to be in the same universe as my recent story “The Explosion” but it’s not necessary to read that in order to enjoy this one.  

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam just wanted to know how many girls he'd slept with. Jim ends up telling her so much more. Starting at the very beginning...
Although he was usually a pretty humble guy, Jim Halpert knew for a fact that he was good in bed. He knew this not only because he’d been told by more than one woman, but also because the evidence was there. When a woman was in bed with him, she told him with her moans, her reactions, and her words that she was enjoying it.

Now Jim wasn’t a pig. He didn’t go around bragging about the women he was with or telling stories about them to his friends. In fact, he was quite the opposite. He was proud of being good in bed because he always wanted the woman he was with to feel happy and cared for and oh yes - satisfied. For him it was a point of pride to make sure that she enjoyed herself. He honestly felt he wouldn’t be a gentleman if he wasn’t concerned with her pleasure.

He’d been with Pam, the girl of his dreams, for a couple of weeks before she asked him how many women he’d been with. The question came up after a long, delicious Sunday afternoon of making love, napping, and making love some more. Jim was feeling sleepy and a bit fuzzy in the brain, but when he heard Pam’s question, he knew he had to wake up.

“Jim, you know I’ve only been with one guy. But I don’t know how many girls you’ve been with. And given how…talented you are, I think it’s a lot of girls. You don’t have to say a number if you don’t want to, but since you know my number…it only seems fair. Jim? Are you awake?”

Jim pulled her a little closer and planted a kiss on her hair, because he could, and because he needed to buy some time. “Sweetheart, you make me feel amazing in bed…in the shower…in the kitchen…on the sofa…” With each location he named, Jim kissed her. “You have nothing to worry about.”

Pam hadn’t been worried before, and she wasn’t worried now. She knew she made Jim happy. She might have only been with one guy, but she had been with him for a long time, and once upon a time she and Roy had been the kind of couple who had fun in bed. So, it wasn’t as if she didn’t have some skills and experience. But Jim took it to a whole other level, and she had the feeling that he’d gotten that way through practice. Lots of practice. Plus, look at him. He must have had women falling at his feet his whole life.

“I appreciate the appreciation,” Pam said, smiling. “But the fact that you’re avoiding the question has me really, really curious. Just answer me. Approximately how many girls have you been with?”

Jim rolled over onto his back and crossed his arms behind his head. She wasn’t going to let this go, so he better figure out what he was going to say. It’s not that his number was embarrassingly high. But he didn’t want Pam to feel like she was just one in a long line of women he’d taken to bed. She was the opposite. She was the end of the line. She was everything he’d been searching for, and he knew his days of dating were over. If he got his way, he’d never sleep with another woman again.

Pam cuddled up by his side, resting her head while her fingers played on his chest. “I’m waiting,” she said in a sing-song voice.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans