- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I own nothing. I wish I were lying, but it's the sad truth.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi. I've been lurking around here, leaving little reviews every now and then, and finally decided to step into the arena and write something of my own. Please review/rate! If you haven't heard the song, do a search on You Tube for "Butch Walker Mixtape" and you'll find it. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: All Characters and stuff belong to NBC and other people who are not me. No thievery is intended, I'm just having a bit of fun.

You say hello,
inside i'm screaming "I love you"
You say goodnight,
in my mind I'm sleeping next to you...


When Jim walked in at 9:30, she was already there. Finally, after a week of being gone, she was there. Jim couldn't help but grin like an idiot. "Hey, welcome back!"

...You gave me the best mixtape I have,
And even all the bad songs a'int so bad.
I just wish there was so much more than that
About me and you...


By 10:00, Kelly was driving him crazy. When she wasn't looking, he put in the ear buds to his iPod and just drowned her out. She didn't notice. He had a special playlist for songs that Pam had recommended to him.

...You talk to him,
And it burns me like the sun.
You talk to her,
You say that you feel like he's the one.
I talk to me,
But you can't feel the pain I'm in...


Between Kelly's incessant chatter, trying to play matchmaker, and Roy stealing all of Pam's attention, today wasn't turning out as well as he had hoped. When he saw Roy and Pam eating lunch together in the break room, that was it. He went to his car, lay down in the backseat, and just slept. It was all he could think to do. Well, it was all he could think of that wouldn't get him arrested. He had no idea how long he was down there, but when he snuck back up, no one had noticed. When he got back to "his" desk, he brought up a new email message. Brenda from corporate. She was nice. She was...not engaged.

...No I can't find the words,
Cuz I lost them the minute
They fell out my mouth
Yeah it's love and I'm in it...


"You have seven unheard messages", the robotic voice grated on Jim's nerves. The voice that followed, however, was a different story. The same idiotic grin that started his day also ended it, and he really hoped that Brenda wouldn't call.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans