- Text Size +
Story Notes:
so the criteria for this secret santa story were 
• I prefer a shorter length fic (5k words or less)• Please make my fic more family friendly (K or T rating)• I would like my fic Christmas themed• 7 Elements (you are challenged to include at least 3)o Sicko Broken Bones o Car Wreckso Anxiety Attacko Reliefo Cryingo Desperate Hugging 
He never saw it coming.
They were arguing about something small; which, as it turns out, almost never happened. They didn't have "small arguments", not really. After all they went through to end up with each other, they didn't see the point of small arguments, the miniscule things other married couples might argue about. So this, really, was an exception. 
Another rule of thumb: don't argue in the car. Terrible idea. Lively conversation is much more suitable.
But he really didn't see the headlights approaching, the beams flickering slowly.
All it took was one swerve, and suddenly he was being tumbled around like in a washing machine (speaking from past experience; don't question it). He should have been thinking of himself, of all the hits, the tumbles he was taking, the bones he was breaking, the crunch of the car he had saved up for so long to buy, as an anniversary gift for the two of them.
And yet, even after he blacked out, all he could think of was her.
...She kneeled over his body, strictly unmoving, tears running down her face, feeling for a pulse. Letting out a gasp and wrecking sob when she hears him take a long breath and hacking cough. 
She watches his eyes fly open, and flings her arms around his body, not noticing him wince from the broken collarbone due to her tremendous relief.
"I- I thought I'd lost you-" Tears casade down her face and land on his chest as his own tears puddle on the ground near them. 
And as the sirens wail in the distance, slowly approaching, all she can think is, "What a horrible christmas present this is."
Chapter End Notes:
merry christmas, everyone. enjoy.


mixedberryyogurt is the author of 1 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2020. The previous story in the series is Lost and found. The next story in the series is shalom.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans