24 [Reviews - 14] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Pam has to grapple with the price of fame and the worst moments of her marriage just to finish her Christmas shopping.

That’s life after your life gets made into a rom com.

A story from December 2013 for Secret Santa 2020. Sorry it’s not an iPod.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Jim, Jim/Pam, Pam
Genres: Angst, Drama, Holiday, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: Mild sexual content
Series: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2020
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 6115 Read: 1480 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: December 30, 2020 Updated: December 30, 2020
[Report This]
Story Notes:
MY Secret Santa submission! My prompts were a prank, a Dwight quote, the Teapot, a good JAM kiss, Jim in a suit, getting lost somewhere, and hot sauce packets. I at least referenced all seven. Sorry for the wait for whoever I’m writing for, but the original fic I was working on turned into gargantuan monster that I could not guarantee I would finish by New Year’s, or, frankly, by next Christmas. So, the good news is this fic comes with (eventual) bonus gifts. (The bad news is this fic really could’ve benefited from not being written on a deadline. Whoops.)

Not quite canon compliant in that I went with the idea that they actually ran the entire series as the in-universe documentary. There is also behavior in here of the sort not usually attributed to PBS. Curious as to whether or not you all find that distractingly unrealistic.

DISCLAIMER: This is the first Christmas party I am throwing as head of the Party Planning Committee. The theme is "All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners; the original characters and plot are the property of the author; the author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise; and no copyright infringement is intended.” This isn't your grandmother’s Christmas party. Unless of course your grandmother was afraid of being sued by NBC, in which case it's very accurate.

1. The Rom Com Formerly Known As Their Life by darjeelingandcoke [Reviews - 14] 24 (6115 words)