- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry that this is a tad shorter than the last one.

Jim awoke with a feeling of anticipation, today was the day of the merger, or ‘mini-merger’ as Michael had appropriately named it. Three poor unknowing souls were to meet the disaster of which was the Scranton Branch. He knew at the very least, one person would leave the office due to the certain individual that was Michael Scott.


While continuing his morning routine, a thought struck him, that one Andy Bernard may be one of the transfers, one of the few reasons, both he and his girlfriend had decided to transfer.


Now mixed with the whirlwind of anticipation was a touch of dread.


After eating his breakfast (a complex bowl of cereal), he ran upstairs to their bedroom to check on his girlfriend, who appeared to be unmoving. He peeked into their bedroom before quietly making his way to the double bed.


He gently prodded her, before whispering in a hoarse voice, “Are you alright?”


Karen abruptly opened her eyes, before replying in an equally, if not more so, rough voice, “No, not really.”


He moved a thick strand of hair away from her cheek and stared into her eyes, “Do you need me to stay here?”


“No. I think I might just need some sleep and some aspirin.”


Jim nodded, and took it as a soft hint to get the aspirin to the bedroom.


A minute or so later he returned with a tall glass of water and some aspirin. He gave them to her before gathering some work clothes for the day and getting changed. He looked at Karen giving her a brief kiss on the cheek, before calling out a goodbye and leaving for the workday.

-


He arrived at the office within ten minutes, and went upstairs and settled at his desk, nodding briefly at Dwight. Who greeted him with an equally brief, “Jim.”


Before he could even start his exciting job of selling paper, he got called into the conference room, by the boom mic guy, Brian.


They were asking questions about his point of view on the merger and he replied, “Well for one thing, I really hope Andy Bernard is not one of the people coming, both me and Karen,” he contemplated his next few words, “found him, quite -no- very annoying. Although, if he does return, I’ll be able to tell who is worse, Dwight or Andy.”


That seemed to suffice, as they sent him away, and called for Stanley in, he guessed they were asking the same question to all of his co-workers. 


A few minutes later, the first new person or ‘victim’ arrived. He looked over at the person, to see a woman around his age. She had reddish brown hair in loose curls, and she was wearing a red t-shirt, and a black skirt, with black tights, and white keds?


When he looked up at her face, he realised she had a face that was subtly, beautiful. Not like Karen.


He blinked at the harsh comparison and felt his cheeks warm.


Luckily, before he kept making the comparisons between the two on accident, Michael Scott emerged from his office with a paper bag in tow. He once again looked at the woman, and looked at the gentle smile on her face, to then notice her eyes full of fear.


“Pamela Morgan Beesly,” Michael started, in an attempted deep, monotone voice. He gave her the paper bag, and Michael’s eyes then, looked down at her chest. Michael then said, “Oh and are these your Pam Pams.”


Pam’s smile seemed to drop into an expression that matched her eyes.

-


Pam knew that her new boss would be like any other boss, she’d had before, but she thought he would have at least a bit of discretion. ‘Well, a job’s a job,’ she thought, painfully. 


She then peaked into that paper bag, or ‘gift bag’ and saw a heavy collection of pencils and one rubber. Her first thought was etched in sarcasm and it that it was such a large variety of office supplies, the second thought was a brief at least she will have something to do.


Before Michael could say or do anything else, Andy had entered the building, and she had never been more relieved to see the guy. She was also glad her new boss (she shuddered at the thought) seemed to have a short attention span, as next thing she knew he had disappeared into the office to grab another paper bag, sorry gift bag.


She took this distraction as her time to settle to her new desk that seemed very, plain and boring. She’d just grab some old photos or something to decorate the desk itself, she thought while setting her old and worn out bag by her feet. After this she sat at her desk and looked around the office, it had a very different layout to the one in Stamford, she liked it though. She got a great look at most of the people in the office, other than the desks right to the side of her, covered by a short wall and maybe an annex near the back, behind the break room perhaps. She had one last look around the office, her eyes stopped and landed on the man on one of the three desks, the one on the end. He had scruffy hair that seemed both long and short, and he was in a full suit. His eyes were a light green, and both his ears and nose seemed very big. In conclusion, he was handsome. 


She realised she’d been staring, and quickly snapped out of her dazed state, and looked at her computer's placement. She decided to move it a little bit to the right, so it wasn’t making her look directly to the entrance. She moved it to the center. She did not move it just to have a better view of the stranger. 


After sorting her computer’s position, she logged on and awaited for a call from the phone, or something to do. A few calls came and she transferred them, while looking at a sheet provided, with the list of transfers. A list of names and numbers, which all merged into one, if you stared at it long enough, which Pam had been doing.


She also watched the train wreck of the introduction between Tony and Michael, she definitely thought that Tony would quit before the end of the day. Even though he was probably the farthest one away from Michael, out in the annex.


And with those thoughts, she stared back at her computer.


-


Jim had been unconsciously looking at reception, whether it be when he was on a phone call or just deep in thought, he was confused on why, so he decided to wander over there. He leaned onto the desk, and said, “Hi.”


Pam looked up at him, and said, “Hi.”


He noticed that her screen was just the Dunder Mifflin background and said, “As beautiful as that screen is, you can probably do more interesting stuff while waiting for something to do, like I dunno, solitaire?”


Her eyes widened and she grabbed her mouse and swirled it around with a few clicks and said, “That is probably the best suggestion I have ever heard.” While giving him a toothy grin.


He replied with a grin of his own, “Hey, I aim to please, Beesly.”


An eyebrow raised, “Beesly huh? I like it.”


“Good.” 


Just as he was about to head to his desk, he heard Pam call out, “Hey Jim!”


He swung his leg around, as a way to exaggerate his turn around, he raised an eyebrow, “How do you know my name?”


“Hmm, I don’t know it might be because everytime I transfer someone to Jim, you immediately start talking, but that’s just a possibility,” she said, while smiling.


“Aaah, makes sense,” Jim replied, feeling his cheeks tinge with warmth.


“Well anyway, do you want to go somewhere else for lunch, maybe?” She blurted out.


Not seeing anything wrong with the idea, he said, “Sure Beesly, where to?”


He noticed her look down and say, “There’s a place I’ve seen, a few times but I haven’t gone yet. Pizza by Alfred?”


He immediately shook his head and said, “Terrible, the pizza there is terrible. However Alfredo’s Pizza Cafe is amazing. Mixing those two up is the biggest mistake you could ever make.”


She giggled slightly, and he felt pride for some reason.


“Okay then, thanks Jim. I look forward to it.”


He tapped her desk twice before leaving and saying, “Me too, Pam.”


Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading!

:) 



Moonstream05 is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans