- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This story idea came to me as I was lying in bed this morning, and I just had to write it. All reviews, good or bad, are welcome. The format and general idea I think came from a story I read a while ago, by unfold called The Difference Between Shadows and Darkness. This is a bit more lighthearted than that one, and from Pam's perspective.  Hope you don't mind me using you as inspiration!

Oh, and the standard disclaimer stuff. I own nothing.

"My mom was just a little worried. It's ridiculous, really."

"It's all confidential, right? Well, okay then..."

"I guess May."

"It's...complicated. There's this guy. I...I was an idiot. I rejected him. Twice. He moved away, I called off my wedding..."

"Jim. Jim Halpert."

"Have I been feeling blue? Well, no. I just...blue's always been a happy color for me. Jim's eyes...yeah, blue's a happy color. I'd say I've been feeling gray."

"Oh, god no."

"Um...yeah, it's been a little hard to concentrate. But if you knew my boss, you wouldn't find that unusual. Jim was the only thing that made work bearable."

"Actually, since I called off the wedding with Roy, I've really been getting into my art. I started taking art classes, which I love."

"Roy...didn't really encourage me to pursue art. He didn't really understand it."

"Yeah, I've been having a really hard time sleeping. It's just...well, I have a lot to think about, you know? I keep thinking I should call Jim...say I'm sorry...something. I guess it's guilt more than anything."

-------

"Hi Jim, it's Pam. Call me back. You're going to get a kick out of this."

She stared at the "prescription" her doctor had handed her and laughed. The smile reached all the way to her eyes as she re-read that paper. "Call (1) Jim Halpert daily, or as needed to feel better. Say you're sorry. Beg him to come back."


MrsLloyderineHalpert is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Prescription also liked 2200 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans