10 [Reviews - 9] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: One way or another, 2006 was not going to be Karen’s year. Or, five ways Karen Filippelli could have found out about Jim and Pam.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Past, Episode Related, Alternate Universe Characters: Ensemble, Jim, Jim/Karen, Jim/Pam, Karen, Kelly, Michael, Pam, Phyllis
Genres: Angst, Drama, Drunk Pam/Jim, Humor, In Stamford, Inner Monologue, Workdays
Warnings: Adult language
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No
Word count: 1027 Read: 961 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: June 10, 2021 Updated: June 10, 2021
[Report This]
Story Notes:
I have a lot of thoughts and curiosity about Karen Filippelli. She’s under-utilized in canon, was frequently beaten up on in fic, unappreciated by Jim, in a bizarre professional position at Dunder Mifflin, and there’s so much mystery about what drives her and what she knows or doesn’t know to explore. So I’ve been intrigued by the idea of using her as a POV character – especially because I really like the idea of exploring JAM through the idea of a secondary/tertiary character’s perspective, and had a couple of more substantive story ideas that would really benefit from some work on her voice. Aaaaaaand then I had some fun ideas, and here we are.

The first, third and fourth chapters are basically written. The second and fifth are nowhere. So maybe you’ll see an update soon, maybe you won’t. Fortunately these stand alone, and I happen to like the first one a lot.


DISCLAIMER:

MICHAEL:
Granted, maybe this was not the best idea, but at least we care enough about our employees that we are willing to fight for them. And if you so much as harm a hair on Stanley's head, we will post fanfiction that uses publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. that are the property of their respective owners, who we are in no way associated with, without intending copyright infringement.

KAREN:
Wha… what?

MICHAEL:
And it’s gonna be mean, Karen. It’s going to take every conceivable flaw you have and turn them up to 11 and then make you a crazy kidnapper – and that last one’s going to be written by someone who actually likes you! The best you can hope for is that sometimes people will write you into a threesome with Jim and Pam. It’ll be really hot. Trust me, I read those all the time.

KAREN is speechless. She looks at JIM, who throws up his hands as to say “your guess is as good as mine” and also “please don’t blame me for this.”

MICHAEL:
Also: we will burn Utica to the ground.

1. Bearer of Bad News by darjeelingandcoke [Reviews - 9] 10 (1027 words)
I’ve seen this idea executed differently elsewhere, and wanted to do my spin on it.