- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I wanted to submit this before Christmas but I have admittedly been struggling to get myself into a writing zone.

Thank you to my Secret Santa! That was a very interesting recipe.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

"I will grant you one wish," Jim told Pam as he continuously rubbed an antique golden lamp in a seductive manner.


"I wish that you'd stop rubbing that lamp in that creepy way," Pam replied.


"Stupid. Everyone knows to ask for a hundred more wishes."


"I don't need a hundred wishes as long as you stop rubbing the lamp. You're going to give me nightmares with that face."


"Oh come on," he stopped toying with the lamp and placed it on her desk, "I thought you liked that face. I'm pretty sure I've made that face that time you wanted me to dress up as a lumberjack and—"


"Oh my God. Shut up," she swatted him repeatedly on the arm, panicking at the thought of someone overhearing them. She was initially annoyed but couldn't help but smile back when he started giving grinning goofily at her. After a few seconds of silence, Pam took the lamp into her hand, "Okay, Halpert. My turn. I will grant you three wishes."


"Wow, that's pretty generous of you. Will you also rub the lamp the way I did it?"


"Like this?" she mimicked the way Jim rubbed the lamp but stopped midway upon getting a dirty look from a passing Angela, "She seems to be in a very jolly mood."


"Maybe she's stressed from deciding which of her cats would be her maid of honor. I'm pretty sure Muffin wasn't be too thrilled to find out that Marshmallow had been sucking up to Angela so she'd get the spot."


"How do you know the names of her cats?" she gave him a suspicious look.


"I don't," he smirked back at her, "I just figured since there was.a Sprinkles, she probably named her cats after food. What do you think?"


"I think we're spending too much time talking about Angela's cats when we're supposed to be talking about your Christmas wish."


"Oh right. Hmm," he stroked his chin repeatedly, narrowing his eyes at her while thinking of an answer. Eventually, he raised his finger in excitement and exclaimed, "I got it!"


"That took you long enough. What are you wishing for?"

"Okay, I wish for something crazy to happen at this Christmas party every hour."


"I don't think you need a genie for that happen," she pointed her head towards the conference room where Michael had been serving alcohol to Meredith for the past thirty minutes, "ten bucks says Michael will get everyone hammered by six."


"That's what she said," Jim let out with a chuckle. As they continued joking around at reception, he suddenly heard a familiar tune being sung in an eerie manner.


"I have no gift to bring pa rum pum pum pum." 


He turned around to see Dwight walking by with a Princess Unicorn doll in hand, "You okay there, Dwight?"


"What?" he said almost defensively, "I'm trying to get into the spirit of today's festivities."


"Well, it doesn't sound very happy. Plus, it's not really in line with the Moroccan theme."


"Well, do you know any Moroccan Christmas songs that I can sing to, Jim? Can you teach me how to play the sitar so I can conform to whatever standards you have for this already godawful party?" Dwight snorted before turning to Pam, "good luck marrying this idiot."

"Merry Christmas to you too, Dwight," she was only met with a glare before he turned around. as soon as he was out of their sight, she quickly told Jim, "what's with him today?"


"He's probably still annoyed that I replaced his desk with gift wrap," he shrugged, "anyway, I still have some work to get done. See you later?"

"Alright, see you later," he gave her a quick kiss on the lips before walking back to his desk.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans