- Text Size +

"So anything crazy happen yet?" she asked as she walked towards Jim desks with two drinks in hand.


"Not really, unless you count Creed showing up to work as Santa Claus but that's not really anything out of the ordinary," he sighed before smiling at her, "maybe this lamp doesn't have a genie in it. Maybe if I rub it a bit more, it'll—"


"I have no gift to bring pa rum pum pum pum." 


"Hold on one second," he said before turning his chair to face Dwight, "do you have to keep singing that?"


"Aww, is little Jimmy getting fussy? Is he going to cry about my singing to his fiancee?" Dwight then tossed a five dollar bill at him, "Here, I have some bills to spare thanks to the fortune I'm making from these idiotic parents. You can use that to wipe away those pesky tears."


Annoyed, Jim crumpled the bill and threw it at his face before turning back to Pam, "Okay, now where were we? Oh yeah, what if I just rub it— Oh my God, Katy?"


"Katy?" she looked behind her and was just as shocked as Jim upon seeing his ex-girlfriend coming towards them. Trailing behind her was an amused Toby.


"Hi Pam," she went it for a tight hug as if Pam was her best friend that she hadn't seen in forever, "it's so nice to see you again. You too, Jim."


"What are you doing here?" she asked and looked over to Jim, who was staring at the ground either in shock or embarrassment. She subtly kicked him in the shin, which seemed brought him back to his senses.


"It was so weird," Toby answered, "I was buying water at the grocery for everyone since Michael spiked the dispenser with vodka and I ran into Katy here. Then we talked for a bit and she had nothing to do today so I invited her to the party. I hope Michael doesn't mind that I brought a plus one though."


"It's so great seeing everyone again. I haven't any of you in like— Oh my God, look at that thing," she held Pam's hand and examined the ring on her finger, "did Roy finally buy you a bigger engagement ring. I told you if you bugged him, he'll get you something better than the one you got."


"Oh, it's—"


"But where's your wedding ring?" she interrupted before Pam got to explain that she was engaged to Jim, "Did you lose it in the dishwasher or during your honeymoon? Ugh, that is the worst. My sister literally had the same thing happen to her. It was during August and—"


"Oh my God. Katy, is that you?" Michael screamed from the conference room and rushed to where they were, "It's been like what, three years?"

"Yeah!" Katy replied, "I haven't seen any of you since the booze cruise when… well, I'm sure you guys know what happened."


She gently placed a hand on Jim's shoulder which caused him to stand up and awkwardly pace back and forth behind a snickering Dwight. Upon seeing Pam glare at him with such fierce intensity, he stopped laughing and turned his attention to his computer screen.


"Well, you look really beautiful," Michael continued, "so why'd you drop by back into the arms of our ever loving family? Did you come back for Jim?"


"Michael!" Jim raised his voice at him.


"Oh, it's fine Jim. Don't worry about it," Katy let out a flirtatious giggle which did not escape Pam's attention, "I actually ran into Toby here and—"


"Ick, no just no, just…," Michael made multiple gagging noises before continuing, "you cannot spend Christmas with this-- this vile devil child. Did you know he's the reason why the love of my life left Scranton? I bet he didn't tell you that, huh?"


"Michael we all know that's not—"


"We all know you told David Wallace about our relationship and you just went out there and ruined it. Ruined it," he exhaled loudly as if to calm himself, "you know what. You are ruining everyone's spirits just by being here so why don't you just stay in the annex for the rest of the night?"


As Toby silently headed towards the kitchen door without much resistance, Michael turned his attention to Katy, "now then, let's get on with the party shall we? I'm sure you could use a drink. Why don't I show you to my drinks station?"


"Oh alright, I really could use a drink. I'll see you later?" Katy was facing Jim and Pam when she spoke but it was apparent to both of them whom she was addressing when said 'I'll see you later'


"Oh my God, that was so funny" Pam chuckled as she walked back to her desk.


"You know, for someone who just witnessed her fiancee's ex-girlfriend openly flirting with him, you seem to be taking this really well," he said as followed her.


"I'm just really surprised she has no idea you're engaged. You didn't tell her?"

"I haven't spoken with her since we broke up. I don't even have her number. We didn't exactly end on good terms, remember?"


"Yeah, I remember. Well, Jim. You're the one who wished for something crazy to happen every hour so good luck getting yourself out of this."


"Come on, are you serious? You're not even gonna help me? And you know that's just a bunch of crap right? Katy coming here is just an insane coincidence."


"We'll see about that," she grinned, "I may be leaving this party single. Maybe that's one of the crazy things that'll happen."


"Beesly, that's not funny. Come on," he leaned into her and gave her a tender kiss. She kissed him back and enjoyed every second of it before hearing an obviously judgmental cough coming from the accountant's corner. She stopped and looked at his smiling face, "you think there's a chance Katy also saw us?"


"Nope. You're gonna have to clear things up with her before the night ends."


"Maybe I can just sneak up on the roof and wait for her to leave? Maybe you can keep me company there?" he then whispered into her ear, "I could use some private alone time with you."


"Well, Mr. Halpert. As fun as getting naughty in a public place with you sounds… I'm really enjoying seeing you squirm," she whispered back before kissing him on the cheek.

"You are so evil."



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans