- Text Size +
Story Notes:

So by some festive miracle, the Christmas fic I decided to write not only lined up with the request I got from my Secret Santa, but also the festive word challenge worked out perfectly. Thank fudge for that.

So Merry Christmas Robert Dunder. Looks like you got your Christmas special after all.

Thanks as always to YB for the ‘beta' on this one. 

I don't own anything here, apart from an extensive knowledge of Christmas movies.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Friday, 10th December

"Enabler! Enabler, enabler, enabler, enabler, enabler," Michael shouted as everyone in the intervention circle began to get up. "It's Christmas and we are turning our back on somebody who is asking for help."

"Hey, do you wanna do our gift swap now?" Jim whispered to Pam as they made their way away from Michael. 

"Oh sure. Let me just grab it," Pam smiled. "Meet you in the breakroom in a few minutes?" 

"Sounds great."

Jim carefully pulled out the large flat gift that he'd secretly tucked away underneath his desk a week ago so that Pam wouldn't be able to find it. He tried to hide the smile from his face as he walked through the kitchen to the breakroom, silently confident that Pam was going to love his present to her. He pushed open the door to the break room, sat down at one of the tables and laid the gift on the table. Before he had much time to do anything, the door swung open and Pam walked in with a nervous smile tugging at her lips. She pulled a flat gift from behind her back that was smaller than Jim's, and laid it carefully on the table next to his. 

"You first," Jim said, nudging the larger gift towards Pam before she was even properly sitting down.

"Thank you," she smiled as she turned the gift open so that she could slide her finger underneath the tape and carefully take off the paper without ripping it. She found herself looking at the back of a photo frame, and slowly turned it over. "It's a map," she stated, quite unsure with what she was looking at. "A map of," she paused, "Scranton?"

"Well, it is a map of Scranton, but look closer," he said with a wide smile. He stared at her as she leaned closer and watched her eyes grow wide in understanding.

"Oh my god," she gasped with a laugh. "Jellybean Avenue, Pickles Park, Cugino Street," she read out as she traced the map with her finger. She looked up at him with a beaming smile. "Thank you," she whispered, before looking down at the map again. 

"I was thinking that maybe we could hang it over the hole in the wall where the clown used to be? At least until we fix it. Or you know, maybe..."

"That's perfect," Pam smiled, putting her hand on Jim's arm to stop him talking. "Ok, your turn," she said, pushing the smaller flat gift towards Jim, before she tucked her hands under her legs and leaned slightly forward in anticipation.

As Jim unwrapped the gift, he glanced up at Pam and flashed her a smile, before turning his attention back downwards. He ripped the paper open to reveal a large card. Hand drawn letters in a candy cane font dominated the front, as well as small caricatures of Dwight dressed up as Santa, an elf, a snowman, a gingerbread man, a reindeer and his head on the top of a Christmas tree. "The Twelve Pranks of Christmas," he read out from the front of the card with a big grin, before opening it up. "Beesly, this is seriously amazing", he marvelled. Inside, on each side of the card were six numbered pockets, each holding an envelope. Jim laid the card down and reached for the envelope in the number one pocket. 

"Nuh uh," Pam said, quickly snatching the envelope out of Jim's hand. 

"I can't open my own Christmas gift?" he laughed, trying to grab the envelope back, but Pam pulled it further out of reach. 

"Well, it's kinda a mix between the Twelve Days of Christmas and an advent calendar," Pam explained as she tucked the envelope back into its slot. "So, you get to open an envelope a day from Monday until Christmas Eve." 

"So what do I get on Christmas day then?" he asked with a smirk. 

"What am I getting on Christmas day, huh?" she challenged back, but Jim just bit his lips and shook his head. "I was gonna make it end on Christmas day, but I figured you might be otherwise occupied."

"Oh yeah?" he waggled his eyebrows. 

"Yeah," she laughed back. "You mom wants us at her house at 9am sharp. No excuses. She was very clear about that."

"Ok, ok," he smiled, closing the card. "So I really have to wait til Monday to open the first envelope?"

"You really have to wait til Monday to open the first envelope," she repeated, smiling with her tongue between her teeth.  

"Alright," he sighed as he pushed his chair back from the table. "Come on, let's go see if Michael is still torturing Meredith." 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans