21 [Reviews - 17] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Set during and after Conflict Resolution, bridging the gap between Jim and Pam after his complaint to picking out wedding bands.
Rated: K+
Categories: Jim and Pam, Past, Episode Related Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes
Word count: 7746 Read: 2538 ePub Downloads: 0
Published: March 06, 2023 Updated: May 13, 2023
[Report This]
Story Notes:
I do not own the characters & settings of The Office, they belong to their respective creators. 

1. Coffee and Conflict by Receptionitis15 [Reviews - 6] 5 (949 words)
This was originally a few hundred words of a scenario thought up by their facial expressions during Conflict Resolution during my latest re-watch of The Office. It then expanded to this exploration of the gap between their interactions between the two episodes. Perhaps the catalyst for all the confessions in the following episode. It's not all angst but we start with it here. 3 parts. 

2. Carrots by Receptionitis15 [Reviews - 3] 5 (1029 words)
Fact: I completely forgot I wrote this. I was just checking what was in my selection of fic documents and started reading thinking I must have just written the first few lines to get the idea down and there was a whole chapter and a half. Thanks me from the past! It just happened to fit perfectly into this already existing fic, right in the gap between the previous chapter and the one I'm currently writing. I figured that was a sign that it belonged here... clearly I was very invested in this episode! 

3. Grilled Cheese by Receptionitis15 [Reviews - 2] 4 (2139 words)
This was gonna be 3 parts but due to the unexpected finding of the previous chapter there will now be four. Luckily it was quite easy to blend the extra chapter in and actually solved the little block I had in progressing the conversation. Also sorry about the random font sizing, try as I might I can't sort that out! 

4. Online & Okay by Receptionitis15 [Reviews - 2] 3 (2878 words)

It's done! This chapter references a deleted scene from 'Diversity Day' which you'll catch on the Superfan episodes or you can view on The Office YouTube page (timestamp 4:58).

This was definitely the hardest chapter to write so I hope I did the situation justice! We finally properly bridge that gap between where the show left off with Jim's redacted complaint against Pam and Jim helping Pam choose a wedding band. Sorry in advance for the angst... 

5. Epilogue by Receptionitis15 [Reviews - 4] 4 (751 words)
Yeah I needed to add something cute and less angsty to the end of this story after all that, so we fast forward a couple seasons. This also references a deleted scene from Launch Party!