- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I can't help it. I'm a hopeless romantic. This is what happens when I've read one too many bridal magazines and there wasn't an episode this week. I think the word count is right. If not, oh well. It was last night, when I wrote it. And of course, we all know I can't be held responsible for what happens late at night.

Disclaimer: Sadly, Jim's heart belongs to Pam and not me. The rest of him doesn't belong to me either, nor does anything related to The Office.

1. Jim knows about the notebook she's been hiding in the back of her closet. The one filled with wedding dresses and bouquets. He knows she doesn't want to recycle anything from last time, and that her protests of "I'm not planning anything" are complete lies. And it always makes Jim smile.

He's at the grocery store buying a pack of gum she asked for and a magaine she didn't. At home, he tosses her the Wrigley's and the copy of "Brides"

"I told you, I'm not planning anything."

"Yeah, but maybe it's time you start." He drops to one knee

2. He's been away for nearly a week at a sales convention and she's absolutely dying to see him again. She's so anxious, in fact, that she arrives at the airport twenty minutes early. After an endless wait, his flight is announced and streams of people flow down the escalator.

She waits.

And waits.

And there's no Jim. Finally, the escalator is deserted. Just as she's about to call his cell to see what's going on, she sees him. And he's holding a sign. And on it are the three most beautiful words she's ever read.

Marry Me Beesly.

3. He had had enough bad parking lot memories to last a lifetime. He decided it was finally time to create a good one.

As they were walking out of work, Jim pulled Pam to the side. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"We have to talk."

"Halpert! What's the rule about parking lots? That's not even funny."

"It's not supposed to be funny. It's supposed to be a surprise." Her eyes lit up and glistened with tears as he pulled out a small velvet box and dropped to one knee, right there in front of the Dunder Mifflin sign.

4. Fall was Pam's favorite time of year. A huge maple stood just outside her second story bedroom window, and it was almost bare. Early in the morning, when the sun was just peeking over the horizon, Pam liked to sit by that window and draw. That day, she pulled up a chair, set her sketchbook in her lap, looked out the window, and started crying. In the leaves was written a message--a question. When she regained her composure, she quickly set to work drawing the scene below, with one small change. The leaves now spelled her answer, "Yes."

5. Pam died of boredom, and Jim got that look in his eye. Ten minutes later, he led her to the break room. At Jim's urging, Pam opened the lid to her teapot and found a note. "Find the spot of your best 'first' kiss."

"Cheeky," she said, skipping to Jim's desk.

Several notes later, Pam found herslef all alone in the elevator ("Where's Jim?") reading the last clue. "Find where you saw the best fireworks show in Scranton." Laughing, she headed for the roof.

There, Jim was waiting with two lawn chairs, grilled cheese, a citronella candle, and a ring.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans