- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Huge thanks to fireworkfiasco, who gave me the idea, a couple of lines, and is the best. beta. ever. :)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

She just wants to be alone, so she can cry, really cry, like she hasn’t since everything fell apart just as the summer and her life were about to begin. But she’s never found a way to be successfully alone.

 

She sits, hunched over and letting the tears collect in her open palms. She hears footsteps approaching, but its not enough to compel her to move. A pair of black shoes appear. She looks up.

 

“Whoa.” She sniffles, wipes her hands on her skirt.

 

“Andy. Hey.” To her surprise, he sits down next to her, a long whistle escaping from his mouth.

 

“Soooo this is awk-ward.” For some reason, he sings the last part.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I was just…” he cuts her off, wrapping a hand around her knee. His fingers are cold.

 

“No need to cry, Pamalama bang bang.” His thumb, at the hem of her skirt, begins to move in circles. She moves away.

 

“Right.” He straightens his tie.

 

“Listen, sweet cheeks, I’m sorry I didn’t call, but…” she opens her mouth to stop him, but he holds up a finger, continues. “You’re just not my type.” She leans back, away from him.

 

“You didn’t have my phone number.”

 

“Internet.”

 

“Oh.” She makes a mental note to unlist her number.

 

“You know, when I was at Cornell, I left quite a number of ladies just like you, crying in a corner.”

 

“I see.”

 

“Not that you aren’t special, milady.”

“Thanks.”

 

“In fact, if it would help you out, I would be willing to-“ she cuts him off this time.

 

“No! I mean, I think I just need to be alone now,” he nods, stands up, “with my feelings.”

 

 

“No problem.” He opens the door to head back to the warehouse. “You know where I sit if you ever need me, baby.” He winks and she manages a smile as the door closes behind him.

She sits in silence for a moment and almost laughs; then, remembering why Andy hit on her in the first place, she leans forward. She catches herself with the sleeve of her sweater because walking to her desk and finding a tissue feels too dangerous at the moment.

 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans