- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

*Story title is from "Of Angels and Angles" by The Decemberists.

 

He's never believed in God. It's simply illogical. It's not feasible that the universe was created in a mere seven days. Heaven and hell are just fairy tales and scare tactics that parents use to discipline their children. If you really want to frighten them out of misbehaving, why not just convince them that cyborgs will steal their souls while they sleep?

She refuses to watch Revenge of the Sith with him even though he's assured her it's a far cry above Attack of the Clones. But she hasn't seen that, either. She tells him those kinds of movies are inappropriate and that they advocate wizardry. He watches it anyway while she sits in the dining room with her back towards him, reading A Purpose-Driven Life for the umpteenth time.

(He knows she smiles behind her book when he gets up, stands behind her, puts his hands on her shoulders and tells her that she brings balance to the force.)

They've given up listening to music in the car when they go somewhere together because he likes Mötley Crüe and she likes gospel so now they just sit in silence. But she likes it when he drives fast (even though she always tells him to slow down, but it's in her eyes) and she puts her hand over his on the gearshift.

He likes the way she loves the beet farm. She doesn't know it, but sometimes he watches her standing in the middle of the field with her hands on her hips, and his chest fills with pride and love. She'd make an excellent farm wife. She gets up early, cooks well, and isn't offended by manure.

(She doesn't always get along with Mose, though. She finds the things that he whittles to be unsavory and perverted.)

He's tried to convince her to let him show her self-defense, because she's small and an easy target for an assailant. She tells him he's being ridiculous, and how could someone her size ever stand up to a full-grown man? Later on, though, she always proves to him that she's stronger than she looks.

He doesn't believe in God or any of that religious business. She hates science-fiction and heavy metal. But when they lay together, her head on his chest and her eyes closed, he runs his fingers through her blonde hair, and he can see why people believe in angels.

(Delusion. Also, fear of gun-wielding maniacs, which could be eliminated by learning the yellow emperor's jade nerve pinch. Kung-fu.)



69 cups of noodles is the author of 31 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Angels in Your Angles also liked 358 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans