What Happens Next..? by Jammer
Summary: What happens after Roy goes home with Pam? And Jim with Karen??
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: Moderate sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 1896 Read: 8436 Published: February 09, 2007 Updated: February 11, 2007
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of these characters, although I wish I did...

 

Also, the first chapter is angsty, please review! This is my first fanfic! :)

1. Pam by Jammer

2. Jim by Jammer

3. On the Highway by Jammer

4. Confessions by Jammer

Pam by Jammer

She couldn't believe that right now, she was in a car with Roy, and he was taking her to his place. This was so not the way she wanted to end the night. She didn't want to hurt him, but she didn't want to rekindle anything that used to be. She figured that he might be able to comfort her, but she knew the only person that could comfort her was him...

She was standing at the door, and Roy was hastily trying to get the door unlocked. He looked back at her and smiled, "I'm so happy you're here tonight. I knew you'd come back to me!" He smiled again, adoringly.

She almost laughed,  "Um.. come back to you? Roy, I'm not trying to hurt you, but did you really think that we were going to start back up just because you requested our song, and that you danced with me, 'cause I was to pathetic too tell J-"

"-Im Halpert? Is that what you wanted to say Pam? I cannot believe that you want to go to someone that's got the hottest girl in the office wrapped around his finger. Jim is just a washed up loser, Pam, he's skinny, and he's cocky, and doesn't know what you like." He winked at her when he said this, "Pam, he doesn't like you anymore. Just come to me, I've changed, Jim has changed, and he likes Karen..." Her mouth fell open.

"Excuse me?! How do you even know any of that? Do you even know what happened... with me and Jim?" Her face was trembling, she was so close to tears, "I don't know how to tell you this, Roy, I had no intention of telling you this tonight, but I love him, I love him, and how dare you say those things! God, why am I even here? I'm just going to walk home, good night." She turned around and walked down the steps, and started to walk the sidewalk.

"Hey, wait! Pam, come on! I didn't mean it! Please, babe, I need you!" Roy ran up to her, and held her shoulders.

Pam slapped his face, and she could see the anger flaring in his eyes. Normally Old Beesley would totally be scared of this, and would say sorry, but this was New Beesley. She stood her ground, and besides, she wasn't going to apologize to a man who she had dumped a long time ago. "Never, don't you ever, talk about me or Jim in that way again. He's twice the man you'll ever be! And, don't talk to me at work, you may embarrass me." With that, she turned on her heel and walked away, and finally out of Roy's life.

End Notes:
Did you like it???
Jim by Jammer
Author's Notes:
DISCLAIMER: SEE CHAPTER 1

He couldn't believe that right now, he was in the car with Karen, and he was taking her to his place. This was not the way he wanted to end the night. He knew she was pretty drunk, and he figured that Karen would be all over him, but he would decline with a "headache". This is how he had always responded to Karen, just so he wouldn't think about her...

"Hey Jim," she giggled quietly, "Did you notice how Pam didn't even have anyone to dance with? She couldn't even get Dwight to dance with her! Pfft..." Jim's knuckles whitened as he squeezed the steering wheel.

"Karen how many drinks did you have tonight, that your saying all this stuff about Pam?"

"Jim I only had one, and that was a martini, what's up with you tonight? You're so tense. Is it because this wedding was exactly like Pam's. Oh wait she didn't even have a wedding because you told her that you had a crush on her. Right?" She asked this as though it was the easiest question to answer. He also guessed that she was not as drunk as he thought...

Jim stopped the car suddenly, at a small diner, "Karen, I don't just have a crush on Pam, and we didn't only kiss at Dundies when she was drunk..." Jim took a second to look at Karen and her reaction, she was looking out the window, but from what he could see, he could tell that her eyes were brimming with tears, and he lips were sucked into her mouth, so that he wouldn't hear her sobs. He hated to see her like this, but he couldn't keep lying to her about Pam.

"At Casino Night, last year in May, I told Pam that I was in love with her, that it wasn't just a crush, she told me that she couldn't." He remembered that night so well that it always had haunted him. I can't... I'm really sorry if you misinterpreted things... He shook his head to get the memory out.

"And...?" Karen whispered, "what about the kiss?"

"Well, I walked away from her, and when I went upstairs, to kind of look back at Scranton one last time, she was up there, I could hear the cry in her voice. She was on the phone with her mom. I walked up to her and just kissed her, she was the first one to pull back, but God that kiss meant everything to me. She told me she was still marrying Roy, so I walked away from her, and left. And that's when I found you. And Karen I think you're so amazing, and you make me laugh, it's just not the same as Pam. Well that sounded awful." He half laughed.

She giggled to and sniffed, "Jim, please, I've been dumped before, I'll just call a cab." With that, she got out of the car, and closed the door. Jim sighed with relief, and started to drive back to his place.

End Notes:
Reviews are like Jim Halpert, they are very niiiiiice.
On the Highway by Jammer
Author's Notes:

DISCLAIMER: SEE CHAPTER ONE

I promise it will get happier, fluff will happen!

Jim drummed his fingers on his steering wheel to the beginning of the Snow Patrol song, "You Could Be Happy." He knew he should be more upset about what happened with Karen, but he felt a huge relief lifted off his shoulders.

Is it too late to remind you, how we were?

The lyrics always reminded him of Pam.

I should've stopped you from walking out the door.

When he was humming to the music, he noticed someone on a sidewalk walking with their head down. He looked at them sadly, he saw a satiny gown that was brown. No way... he thought to himself. He pulled to the side of the road, and rolled down the passenger's window and yelled out, "Pam? Why are you walking home by yourself?"

She looked up, and smiled big. "Jim? Um, yea I got in a fight with Roy, I'm sure you saw us walking out...together. Where's.. Karen?" She stuttered with the name.

"Oh that's..um...over. You want a ride home? How far away is your house? My house is just a block away. You wanna come over?" Please say yes, please say yes, we need to talk about what happened...

"Oh sure, my house is about 3 miles away anyway," she laughed at how dumb that sounded. She jumped inside Jim's Corolla. And they were on their way.  

End Notes:
Kind of a shorter chapter... reviews = yum yum!
Confessions by Jammer
Author's Notes:

DISCLAIMER: See Page One

This chapter is longer then the other ones, and wraps up JAM. :) Enjoy!

With the exception of their conversation earlier, Jim and Pam didn't talk the whole way there. The music silently mumbled words, and the heat blew at Pam's feet. She couldn't believe that she had considered walking home, Jim probably thought she was an idiot. Jim turned right into a apartment complex.

"This is it," Jim mumbled, and half-chuckled. Pam didn't say anything, she just smiled at Jim, and they got out of the car; Jim of course holding the doors open for her. While Jim unlocked the door, Pam was reminded of Roy earlier, and how excited he had been. Pam wondered what had happened with Karen and Jim tonight. She didn't mean for the words to come out, but they did, "Where's Karen? Did you guys like...break-up?"

Jim turned around at Pam and gave him that confused look, the one he always gave the cameras when Michael said something stupid. Which was pretty often. "Well, um...can we discuss that once we get inside?" He asked. The door finally clicked open, and Pam walked inside his apartment. It looked so boyish, so Jim. Everything was there that Jim would like, he also had a flat-screen TV. Pam was pleasantly surprised.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Jim questioned, with a sort of coy smile.

"Of course, what do ya got?" Pam said.

"Um...Pam you can take your jacket off... I mean unless you're planning on leaving soon..." Jim mumbled off.

"Oh, right." Pam whispered, she could feel her face getting hot, and she knew Jim was looking at her. She shrugged off her coat, and hung it over a chair. "So before we start watching anything, I wanna know how your night is going so far."

Jim took a seat down on the couch, and gestured for Pam to do the same, she sat on the opposite side of the couch.

"Um, well, my night was going pretty well, Karen was singing on-stage," he chuckled at the memory, "but, I also saw you leave with Roy. And when Karen and I were going home, she said something about you, and I got really mad, and dumped her. I left her at a diner with nobody." Jim looked up to see Pam's reaction, but she didn't look happy, she kinda look disgusted.

"Uh...I don't know what to say..." Pam whispered, looking right at Jim.

"Tell me about your night..?" Jim cocked his head like a puppy.

"Well, Phyllis's whole wedding was exactly like how mine was supposed to be. I had to watch you and Karen dance together. Aaand-"

"Pam...if you wanted to dance with me, why didn't you just ask me? You know that I'd rather dance with you than Karen." Pam looked up at Jim surprisingly.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Pam. I'm just dating Karen, or was. I never- I never really liked her. I didn't love her, like I loved you."

"Loved?" Pam put her head down, and started to get up.

"Pam, wait, we've got to stop this! It's 11 pm., and we're fighting. We need to get over the past, I forgive you, for denying me, I mean unless you want to apologize..."

"Jim...of course I want to apologize. I'm so sorry I said that I couldn't, I was just so scared to leave, and start a total new life." Pam came over and sat back down again. Tears started to fall on her dress. She sobbed openly.

"Pam-it's okay..." Jim scoot over to Pam, and wrapped her in a warm embrace. She put her arms around him, too.

"Jim I love you, and I cannot believe it took me three years to finally say those words. I'm so, so sorry. For everything."

"Me too," he said, and smiled, "I love you Pamela Beesley." Pam giggled at Jim.

"Hey Jim?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to kiss me...or?" She giggled, and so did Jim.

"Well of course," he whispered.

They spent about two hours on the couch, and finally made it to bed, where they slept until 1 in the afternoon the next day.
End Notes:

The End. I hope you guys liked it. I enjoyed writing it. I'll probably write some other stories! :)

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1110